JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Dont Quit

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all uphill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high,
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit.
Rest if you must, But don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learn,
And many a person turns about,
When they might have won, had they stuck it out.
Don't give up though the pace seems slow.
You may succeed with another blow.
Often struggle rs have given up
When you might have captured the victor's cup,
And you learned too late when the night came down,
How close you are to the golden crown.
Success is failure turned inside out,
The silver tint of the cloud of doubt.
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit,
It's when things seem worst that you
Mustn't Quit!
-unknown Author-


When I was in my mid twenties and a single mom to my three beauties, I had this poster on my wall. It helped me so much to continue to do what I needed each day. One of my babies was a very sick little one spent her first three and half years in the hospital over (80%) of it. Thank you Jesus she is a strong beautiful talented young woman today and a wife and mother too two of my grandchildren. As well I was going to school to become a cosmetologist. Things where tough but we made it. This poem was such an encouragement to me. As well as all the wonderful people who helped me and had words of love and encouragement for me in those tough days. Thank you Lord for each one of them as I know I don't think I could have made it without each person who came along and touched our lives and gave us the strength, hope and encouragement to continue on.
This poem to this day is a source of encouragement and a reminder that I can and will make it. That this is just the good fight of faith to the Victory! As I have over come many obstacles throughout the course of my life and each one is a chance to have the victor's cup. So don't Quit my friend!

What encourages you in the tough times? What Scripture, poem or person?

No comments: