JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Five Finger Prayer

<><><><><><><>
I had never heard this before. This is beautiful - and it is surely worth making the 5 finger prayer a part of our lives.


1. Your thumb is nearest you. So begin your prayers by praying for those closest to you. They are the easiest to remember. To pray for our loved ones is, as C. S. Lewis once said, a 'sweet duty.'

2. The next finger is the pointing finger. Pray for those who teach, instruct and heal. This includes teachers, doctors, and ministers. They need support and wisdom in pointing others in the right direction. Keep them in your prayers.

3. The next finger is the tallest finger. It reminds us of our leaders. Pray for the president, leaders in business and industry, and administrators. These people shape our nation and guide public opinion. They need God's guidance.

4. The fourth finger is our ring finger. Surprising to many is the fact that this is our weakest finger, as any piano teacher will testify. It should remind us to pray for those who are weak, in trouble or in pain. They need your prayers day and night. You cannot pray too much for them.

5. And lastly comes our little finger - the smallest finger of all which is where we should place ourselves in relation to God and others. As the Bible says, 'The least shall be the greatest among you.' Your pinkie should remind you to pray for yourself. By the time you have prayed for the other four groups, your own needs will be put into proper perspective and you will be able to pray for yourself more effectively.
-Unknown-

If you decide to share this with to a friend, you might brighten some one's day!

Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is!!!!!

"Integrity - When you do the right thing even though no one is watching."  author unknown


Lord I pray for my family as they go about their daily business. I pray that you would be with them all day long guiding and directing their path. May they be a light and hope and encouragement to those who come across their path Lord. I thank you that you have a hedge of protection encamped about each of my loved ones and that no harm come near or nay them in Jesus name.
Lord I pray for those who are teaching my children and grandchildren in their daily lessons Lord. I thank you that you would provide them with your insight and that they would be lead by your spirit in Jesus name. I pray for our Ministries that help guide us in the way we should go. Send those to help encourage out leaders that are in Ministry and that they would hear your voice in all things in Jesus name. I thank you that you are giving them strength and wisdom for each day and whom they will be ministering to each day in Jesus name. Give our Doctors and those that care for out health for wisdom and that their hands would be your hands in Jesus name.
Lord be with our President and the leaders of this country help them to make the right decisions each day that would bring this country into line with what you would want in Jesus name. Be with their families and loved ones Lord. Let them not grow weary in doing what is right and over that which is comfortable Lord. Help us all understand that this world is made of of many people and we wont always agree Lord. But give us peace to stand for what is right before you Lord. Give them strength wisdom and the grace and mercy they will need in each business decision that is made for the whole in Jesus name. Give those that are over us in business insight and wisdom as well as they help form what is going on in this world and the people that work for them Lord. We thank you Lord for your direction in each ones life's Lord. We thank you for the guidance of each one that has a position of rule and authority in this world and that they would make wise decisions each day in Jesus name.
Lord be with each one of our loved ones and those that are in trouble and need your special touch of encouragement as they struggle and fight the good fight of faith Lord. Send those that would be up lifting and encouraging to them and have that perfect fitted word for them Lord. Those that would stand in the gap and be there as a support system to help them see your love for them in their time of need Lord. Keep and hedge of protection encamped about them and draw them close to you in Jesus name.
Lord I ask that you would meet all of my needs as I go through the day and lead and guide me into your perfect will in Jesus name. I thank you for meeting each need I have need of and that you will not leave me or forsake me Lord. I thank you that you are my Father and that you hold me in the very palm of your hand Lord. I thank you that I can rest in you knowing that all of my needs are meet in you in Jesus name Amen


Do you have a special prayer to start your day each day or not?

No comments: