JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

August Blessings ~ Counting It All Joy! (Week Two)

COUNTING IT ALL JOY!


The last dog days of Summer
Stretching into
The long lazy days
Of the endless
Summer sun
Casting her 
Radiant blaze
Upon the  wildflowers 
And golden meadows
Blooming into one another
As we chase each day
Catching a glimpse 
Of days gone by
Memories made
From childhood 
Holding fast to
Each day
A Summer fades away
Only to be a memory
Of days gone by

~Beth~




August 8 ~ Early rise! Good morning! Hot and stuff it is! But it is Wednesday and it is time to create a smile of beauty. So thankful I still have my hands in the hair business; just a little bit. Makes me feel great that I can still bring some beauty and smiles to someone. What a crazy start and morning I have already. TV doesn't want to work nor the coffee pot.Just is wrong! Morning weather and java to kick start this day. UGH! Thank goodness the hotline to Jesus is always open. No problems there! Several adjustments to both the TV and the coffee pot and we are on again with a late morning routine for Wednesday. Thank you Lord. I know this is going to be a great day! Looking forward to seeing what the day holds and all the many things to be thankful for. 
1. Phone call from my sister Christine! So love when she calls. Means there is an adventure awaiting me in some way with my family. Who doesn't love that!?! 
2. The beautiful relaxing drive to Oregon City on the river road. I so think it's like taking a mini vacation every week when I drive out there. So grateful for this route and the peaceful drive it is. 
3. The road adventure I went on after doing Dolores hair today. 
4. The back roads to Wilsonville through Canby. 
5. The neat little farmers market I found and had lunch at. I will be back. 
6. The sweet gal at the credit union that was so helpful today. Got some great information and got some important banking done. 
7. Another backroads adventure leading me to an amazing ferry ride on the Canby Ferry. 
8. Finding the Molalla River State park and taking a few photos and a short walk. So quiet and peaceful. 
9. More back roads leading home to my favorite farmers market and getting my dahlias and nectarines. 
10. getting a get representative to talk with on the phone about landline from Frontier. She was awesome! I wish I could say the same for their services. 
11. Talking with Crystal and hearing her encouraging words and support. Love you! 
Thank you Lord there is so much more to be thankful for. My list is never ending and you fill my day with many treasures and gifts daily. How could one not find it easy to say thank you to you. I am so grateful for each and everyday you giftme with. Blessings 


August 9~ Tough night. So hot made for a restless night of sleep. Good morning! Tried to lay in bed and get some extra sleep. But...just to warm already. Guess I will get up and get this day rolling. Lots to get done today or at least attempt to get done anyways. I know I will have plenty to be thankful for as I always do. Finding the positive and the wonder of each day and being thankful for what I have and been given. So many have much less than I and I know how truly rich I am in the Lord. Even on days that I struggle there is so much to be so very thankful for. 
1. More coffee 
2. Indoor plumbing 
3. Getting out in the yard and doing more clean up along the back side of the house. Looks so much better. Thankful I am able to do that. So much more to go. Making progress. 
4. For my yard gloves to dig and pull and weed and do my yard work with. 
5. Water...fresh water....clean water......bottle water....running water.....water in general. 
6. Getting my kitchen and master suite bathroom floors mopped. Looks better than they did! Liking that lysol to clean with. 
7. Getting the house cleaned up in general. It is always looks so nice afterwards. Glad I clean my own home still. Though sometimes what I wouldn't give for a maid. LOL 
8. Hey laundry is done too. Two loads washed folded and put away. Thank you Lord I have a washer and dryer at home. 
9. Being able to pray for others and their needs. Always makes yours seem so trivial and not so bad. Thank you Lord for answering those prayers and hearing our hearts cry. 
10. Hot showers and scrubbies to get that dirt off from all the cleaning. 
11. Nice bacon potato and tomato dinner. 
12. Support from those we love. 
13. My mom I love her so much. So thankful I still have her with us. 
14. That my vacuum cleaner is working again and I got the rugs vacuum. 
15. That I got all the throw rugs washed and dryer. 
16. That my granddaughter is home with her mom tonight. So very happy for them and that we have a diagnosis and that you are healing her Lord. Thank you! 
Yes Lord I have abundance in just being able to do my everyday living with the many gifts of modern conveniences that I have so readily available to me. That you woke me for this day and that I could accomplish all that I did today. Though my work is never ending Im grateful that I can do it myself. Thank you Lord for blessing me with the ability to take care of my home and everything you have blessed me with. The riches of this life aren't always what we can see but the riches that lay within us and what is in our heart and those around us. I am so grateful for each and everyone of them thank you. Blessings


August 10~ Good morning! Waking to the phone ringing; my beautiful daughter Heather calling. What a wonderful way to wake up. Love hearing her voice and I love you mom. Guess we will arise and slay some dragons and chase rainbows today. That should give one lots to be thankful for. 
1. Phones that ring with loved ones on the other end. 
2. Morning coffee with prayers. 
3. Comfortable travel clothes. 
4. A beautiful sunshine day that is a bit cooler. 
5. A beautiful drive down the Gorge to my sister's house in the The Dalles. 
6. Thank you Jen and Chris for dinner. 
7. Walk from one end of the The Dalles and back. Got my exercise in. 
8. Root Beer float before my dinner yummy! 
9. A bowl of chocolate peanut butter ice cream with Jen this evening. Thank you! 
10. Seeing my daughter Racheal and grandson even ever so briefly as it was. Very thankful to see them. Safe travels my sweet daughter. 
11. Puppy love 
12. A comfortable nightgown to sleep in. 
Yes! Lord thank you for this day. Even with the strange turn of events this evening I'm thankful that you watch over me and those I love. Tonight was another reminder we are not promised tomorrow always tell those you love that you love them. Hold them tight. Forgive quickly and always walk in truth and love. Thank you Lord for your amazing love and grace always. Blessings



August 11~ Awake early why? No idea! Good morning! Waking at sister's to animal's all around and one kitty in my lap off and on all night. What fury baby fun we have here at sister's. Wondering what awaits me in this new day. I smell coffee first thankful of the day of many. Sister always has coffee on very early. 
1. Fury baby loving. 
2. Morning conversation decision of plans for the day. Kind of fun....I normally have no one to make decisions with. 
3. Being able to help my sister's work in the yard and get things ready to lay pavers. 
4. Chris making breakfast for everyone. 
5. Helping to move things into a storeroom. It is such a great feeling to be able to help those you love. 
6. To think I actually enjoyed the crazy wind here in the The Dalles. Felt good hitting the body under the hot sun. 
7. Going shopping with my sister Rosie. Was able to use some app for Safeway to help save money at grocery store. Pretty cool. 
8. Sitting out on the front looking over at Mt. Adams and the Klickitat mountains. 
9. Sitting on the back porch and visiting and enjoying the company of my family after a hards day work. 
10. The yummy steak dinner that Chris made for us all. 
11. A wonderful hot shower. 
12. Sitting in the recliner watching movies with my sister Rosie. 
13. Having Veronica one of the cats snuggle in my lap and purr. 
14. Talking with Cindy and getting her wisdom and insight. 
Thank you so much. Yep it was a good day to be a help. Feeling very accomplished. Glad I could be here with my family thank you Lord. Blessings


August 12~ Good morning Sunday! What time is it? Oh my much to early to be up. Must try and go back to sleep. Okay that helped! Now I will rise and shine. Is that coffee I smell? Oh I think I must have a cup. Great way to start my day. It is still early but I will get home early then. Love being here with my sisters but it is time to shake rattle and roll. I wonder what this day holds for me..... always something good to be thankful for. 
1. The cool breezes this morning with beautiful sunny skies. 
2. An early start to my day. 
3. An early morning drive back home down the Gorge. 
4. The beautiful winding river or the Columbia Gorge and the mountain sides all around me. 
5. Hearing from Ron. I'm excited to catch up with you. 
6. Relaxing on the couch. 
7. The beautiful photos of Amber and her children that I stole off her page.I love them all so much. 
8. An early dinner date with Ron. What a great time we had. Thank you! We drove to Sandy and ate at Tollgate. So much laughter! 
9. Thank you for the dance on the dance floor Ron! I don't remember the last time I danced.That was fun! 
10. I am so truly grateful for our firefighters and first responders. They sure have had a rough Summer of fighting fires. Lord be with them all. 
Lord thank you for this day. It is always so amazing how much we truly have to be thankful for if we stop and just breathe, thank you. If we stop and felt that heartbeat, thank you. For the fingers that type out this thankful everyday. For my feet that are full of pain but still get me around and even a bit of a dance this evening. Ever so grateful! Yes Lord and these are so few of what truly I have to be thankful for. You provide so much daily and give amazing gifts if we just stop and look around. Thank you! Blessing


August 13~ Good morning! Today is the fresh start of a new week.Looking forward to this day and the week ahead.Excited with all that is going to be happening in the days and weeks ahead. Today i get to meet up with my friend Ron that is here in town. So thankful that I get to see him and he wants to go on an adventure. Teah! Already thankful for today and we haven't even got started yet. 
1. Up and getting ready for the day. 
2. my comfortable sandals, that are great walking shoes. 
3.The morning drive on Marine Drive along the river. So beautiful! 
4. Breakfast with Ron at Sweet Betty's. Really hearty yummy breakfast. Thank you! 
5. The drive up to Zig Zig Falls heading towards Mt.Hood. 
6. What a beautiful day on the trail to the Falls and a few of the other trails I had never explored before. I will be going back to walk on them. 
7. Then to Mt. Hood to the lodge. Feels so good to be out of town and just relaxing. 
8. The club soda, lavender, and berry drink that I had at the lodge.So refreshing. 
9. Then the little drive over to Trillium Lake. 
10 Enjoying the views of the mountain at the lake. 
11. Meeting up with David so Ron and he could catch up. Had a great time. 
12. Dinner with David and Ron. Thank you for dinner. 
13.The drive on Marine Drive home after a great day of adventures; and getting home safely. 
Thank you Lord for this day and the many blessings spoken and the huge amount that were not even spoken of. So much to be so grateful for. Thank you Lord for waking me for this day of adventures with friends. The provisions that you provide daily. So much to be thankful for each and everyday. Blessings


August 14~ Good morning! Tuesday and it is a smokey one at that. Thinking I wont be doing much at all today. Cannot go out they say if you don't have to go outside don't do it. So ....I think I will listen to that good advice so i don't have to breathe that smoke. So today's list of thankful is going to be fun. 
1. Morning coffee 
2. Great conversation 
3. Watching a Hallmark mystery 
4. My leftover steak dinner from the other night for lunch. so yummy! 
5. Laughter that is rolling up from the belly. The best kind of laughter. 
6. Sitting in the house where the air is much cleaner than outside where the smoke is causing so much problems for everyone. Thankful I can stay in. 
7. Red licorice 
8. My comfortable couch. 
9.Humor 
10. Having a TV set to watch. 
11. Hearing from Denise and setting up a day to spend the day with her. 
Thank you Lord for this wonderful day Lord. Feeling very blessed with having a home to stay in away from this horrible smoke. Thank you! Blessings
















No comments: