JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Tuesday, September 25, 2018

August Blessings ~ Counting It All Joy! (Week Four)

COUNTING IT ALL JOY!



The last dog days of Summer
Stretching into
The long lazy days
Of the endless
Summer sun
Casting her 
Radiant blaze
Upon the  wildflowers 
And golden meadows
Blooming into one another
As we chase each day
Catching a glimpse 
Of days gone by
Memories made
From childhood 
Holding fast to
Each day
A Summer fades away
Only to be a memory
Of days gone by

~Beth~


August 22~ Good morning! It is Wednesday day of smiles and beauty. Today I was waken bright and early to ringing phones and text messages. All which brought the benefits of smiles, laughter, concern, prayers, joy, and happiness. What an amazing way to wake up. Off to such a grand start I'm sure there will be plenty to be thankful for. 
1. Coffee 
2. Waking in my own bed. 
3. A beautiful drive out on the river road to Oregon City. 
4. Air conditioning in my car. 
5. Getting fresh dahlias for the house. Such a great price $2 for 10 stems. 
6. Lunch at La Casitas. 
7. Afternoon nap 
8. Meeting up with Cindy to help me with job application for a government job. Thank you so much. 
9. Long hot showers. 
10. Music 
11. Prayers 
12. For amazing friends. 
Thank you Lord once again you have filled my day with perfect gifts just for me. Each one bringing me joy and happiness with hope. Thank you for the provisions provided daily to meet my many needs. So grateful for the richness you provide daily in my life thank you. Blessings


August 23~ Good morning! I slept in until 7:30 a.m. so exciting. I got some beauty sleep that was well needed. Awaken to a fun little good morning text. Already off to a good start and my feet haven't even landed on the floor yet. I can see I will have plenty to be thankful for today. 
1. Being able to open the doors today. 
2. Cooler weather. 
3. The misty rain that was clearing the air. 
4. The fresh smell of the first rain after a long wait. Love that scent. 
5. Morning coffee 
6. Thank you David for the creamer. 
7. Great conversation with KJ. 
8. A nice drive back to my sister's. 
9. Being able to give dad and Joanne a picture of Anthony. They really love it. 
10. Watching Left Behind with my sister Rosie. 
11. Being here in the The Dalles with my family. 
12. Phone call from Amber about the exciting information about my granddaughter Summer and her schooling opportunity and payments. Congratulations to you sweet girl. Love you! 
13. Talking with my daughter Heather and also my granddaughter Mickenzee. So love my family. 
14. The peace and love I feel inside my heart. 
15. Prayers with my wonderful friend Crystal. Thank you! 
Thank you Lord for another day of smiles and gifts that overflow throughout my day. So many blessings that fill my life daily. Thank you! Blessings


August 24~ Good morning! Waking up too early to people moving around. The beauty of being in a house full of people you love. Today we have lots of fun activities planned. Just being here is such a blessing and if I had nothing else to be thankful for this would be more than enough. But I know this day will be filled with so much more to be thankful for. 
1. Waking to a full pot of fresh brewed coffee and having my first cup with my dad. 
2. Going out with family to run errands this morning. 
3. Sitting next to dad in the backseat of the jeep viewing the many views of the scenic Columbia river heading east. 
4. The views from the Washington side of the Columbia river. 
5. Breakfast out with my family. 
6. Watching the birds flutter about in the backyard. 
7. Watching the water flow from the open gates of the dam. 
8. Mt. Hood surrendered in clouds and smoke; giving a unusual beauty.
 9. Puppies in my lap. 
10. A sweatshirt to stay warm. 
Thank you Lord for this day filled with love and family circled in loving prayers. So grateful for every minute spent here with my family. Thank you for filling my cup to overflowing with blessings. Feeling very rich in love, thank you. Blessings


August 25~ Good morning! Sleeping in around this household is not to be. Rise and shine comes at 6 even on the weekends. Though it is a super blessing to be with my family and waking up with this wild and crazy crew. The best thankful of the day with many more to fill the day as we venture into this day. 
1. Morning coffee on the patio with my dad. 
2. Watching the birds flutter about and into the pool. 
3. Breakfast with the family on the patio. 
4. Thank you Chris for preparing our breakfast. It was very yummy! 
5. A walk through downtown with my dad, Chris and Jen. 
6. Happy for my sweatshirt to stay warm today; along with my jeans I had just purchased. Or I would've been freezing. 
7. Talking with mom this morning on the phone. Best part passing phone around so she could speak to dad and Joanne. She so wanted to see them but she wasn't feeling well. Brought huge joy to my heart hearing her speak with both of them. What a blessing. 
8. Having fur babies sitting in my lap. 
9. Sitting at the dinner table as a family tonight for dinner. Super cool! 
10. Thank you Chris and Jen for making such a nice dinner. 
11. Sitting on the patio with dad, Joanne and Rosie this afternoon was very relaxing. 
12. Watching the sun pop in and out playing peekaboo with us all afternoon. 
13. Crushed ice and water. 
14. Being able to be here with my family. 
15. Talking with Heather and letting her speak with her grandpa Good and grandma Good. What a blessing all the way around for everyone. 
Thank you Lord for the blessing and opportunity to be here with my family, though at moments I wish I was in the quiet still of my home. So many gifts and blessings being with family. Even when waiting ones turn for the powder room. Yes these are the moments that memories are made of. Treasure each one as we won't pass this day again and tomorrow isn't promised. Each day a gift to fill with love and the memories that we treasure. Thank you! Blessings


August 26~ Good morning! Shocking I actually slept past 6 a.m. not by much....but I did get to sleep past 6. Yay! Must be time to have coffee with dad on the patio. The first of many thankfuls to come today. 
1. Watching TV on the patio with dad and Rosie. 
2. Going to church with Rosie and dad. 
3. Lots of morning laughs.
4. A small walk down the road and around the block. 
5. Time with my brother Don and his wife Jeanne. 
6. Seeing Jonathan Good and time with him. 
7. Many photo ops with family today. 
8. Joanne's yummy hard candy. 
9. Thank you Chris for bbq ing dinner for everyone. Was so yummy. 
10. Watching Hallmark movies with Rosie. 
11. Having this great family time. 
12. Having my scissors with me so I could cut my brothers hair for him. 
13. Many great memories made. 
14. Phone call from Amber. Though with sad news, was grateful for the call. Hearing her voice. Getting updates. And the best part "I love you mom." Love my girls. 
Thank you Lord for filling this perfect day with family and so much love. The only thing missing was my mom, my girls, and grandchildren. But ever so grateful for all that were here celebrating the love of family. So many treasured memories made today and captured in photos. Thank you for this day and the many rich blessings throughout this day. Blessings


August 27~ Good morning! Extremely early wake up to very sad news. Just dozing on and off. Happy smiling good morning text. Made my day a bit brighter. Loving those that are in my life fully with all my heart each moment of everyday. Something I'm truly thankful for is the time with my family. I know I will have many more thankfuls waiting for me as I go through this day. 
1. Morning coffee on the patio with my dad. Grabbing every opportunity to enjoy his cantankerous old soul. 
2. Saying goodbye and wishing family a good day at work. 
3. Morning walk with dad. May have only been a few blocks but it was great being out with him. He is quite the social butterfly. I think he doesn't know a stranger. 
4. Watching a movie and having lunch with dad on the patio. 
5. Laying in the hammock taking a nap and resting. 
6. Asking dad lots of questions about his life and getting to know him. 
7. Pizza and chicken wings for dinner with the family. 
8. Watching my great nephews play in the pool. 
9. An ice cream date with my dad and my baby sister Rosie. Best ice cream date ever because of who I was with. Thank you Dad! 
10. Coming in early to lay down and try to get some sleep. 
Thank you Lord for this day, even in loss you bring gifts of joy and happiness. So grateful for those in my life and the love we have for one another. A reminder to me that it is those we love, hold and touch in our heart that is the true treasures of life. Making each minute count in each day I have been gifted with. I love you each one; thank you for the beauty and richness you each add to my life daily. Thank you Lord for the gift of family and friends. Blessings


August 28~ Good morning! Last morning waking up early at sister's home until next visit. Though this one is rather bitter sweet. Love my early morning chat on the phone that brought great smiles of laughter. Time for morning coffee. Which these two wonderful thankfuls are the start of many today I'm sure. 
1. Getting up and getting all cleaned up and packed before dad and Joanne even got up this morning. A grateful because then I can spend my time with them. 
2. Having my second cup of coffee with dad and joanne out on the patio. 
3. Having my hoodie sweatshirt on this morning to keep me warm. It was a bit cool when this day started. 
4. Cold pizza for breakfast. 
5. The joy I feel in my heart that is so full of love, happiness and family. 
6. A morning walk with dad before lunch. We doubled oursteps today. I truly am going to miss these walks with him. I sure have enjoyed them! 
7. Learning how to make gnocchi pasta. Joanne was teaching Corie and I. Excited that she taught me. 
8. Sitting outside enjoying the fresh air and family time. 
9. Dinner with family on the patio before I left to come back home for a day. 
10. Pulling over and watching the beautiful sunset that God gifted us with this evening. Gorgeous! 
11. The quiet of my home and my own bed tonight. 
12. A wonderful long hot shower! 
Yes Lord you have blessed me with so many riches each and everyday. I so thankful for the family time I have had. It was bittersweet tonight as I said my goodbyes. I have treasured each and every minute of this past week and half I have had with my family. It doesn't seem long enough.But ever so grateful for the time I have had with dad and Joanne. Realizing everyday how super blessed I am to still have my parents with me. Thank you! Thank you for the family that I have been blessed with and the extended one as well. The love and joy they bring fills my heart daily to overflowing. As I know we are not promised tomorrow and today is a gift. Blessings


August 29~ Good morning! Waking in my own bed in my own house. Even if it was restless sleep and rising early to go create smiles of beauty, it still was wonderful being in my own space.. As much as I love my family and being with them there is nothing like your own home and bed. Super blessed to have my own home and bed. I will miss my walk today with my dad as that was a gift. Though I know there are gift waiting for me today to be so very thankful for. 
1. Morning coffee 
2. The beautiful sunshine pouring in through the windows. 
3. The lovely drive to Oregon City. 
4. The clipper cleaner 
5. The drive to Wilsonville to go to the Community Bank. Thankful for every dollar earned and paid towards the car. 
6. Lunch at the Boston Pub. 
7. The angels that watched over me today on the freeway as I drove back toward home. Oh so much more comfortable driving those country roads. 
8. Laundry washed, dried, folded and put away. 
9. Dragging out camping gear. Thankful that I have some. 
10. Conversation that makes me smile and laugh. 
11. A good night call to Dad and Joanne. Yes! Dad I will have dreams of you. I love you! 
Thank you Lord for another day of packed filled excitement of daily living and making it through another day unscaffed from al the things that could possibly go wrong. Thank you for the gift of being able to bring smiles of beauty to those that want my service. When they smile so do I; it is the paycheck of the heart that keeps on giving. Thank you for this and so much more. Blessings


August 30~ Good morning! Though I could've slept pass 6; seems the past three weeks of getting up with the birds my body seems to think that is the correct time to rise and shine. Thinking I will need to work on this one. Sleep is so much better than rising at dark with the birds. Excited to see the many blessings I have to be thankful for today. 
1. Morning coffee and early morning conversation. 
2. Getting ready for camping. Gathering all my camping gear up and packing. 
3. Running up to Bi-mart to pick up some snacks. 
4. A beautiful cool day with sunshine popping out and making a perfect late Summer day. 
5. Chatting with neighbor who is moving.
 6. Getting my bills paid online. Always a good thing. 
7. Helping at Cindy's to get everything ready for the camping trip. 
8. Prayers with Crystal and the perfectly fitted word. Timely! God is so good. 
9. The beautiful drive over Mt. Hood. Seeing the clouds encircling her creating a beauty that is hand painted by God. 
10. Safely arriving at campsite and getting a bit setup for the night, until morning light. 
11. The late night dinner Cindy prepared for us. Very yummy! 
12. For the beautiful sunset. 
Thank you Lord for another day packed full of many blessings and provisions and prayers. Blessings


August 31~ Good morning! Thinking I may never sleep in again. Even going to bed at 2 a.m. I still was awake at around 6. Okay is this the new norm for me? With a beautiful day at camp ahead of me with great friends I can hardly wait to see the many things I will have to be thankful for. And we know the list is much longer than what I even write. 
1. French pressed coffee. 
2. Lounging in my sleep wear and sweatshirt. 
3. A very yummy breakfast prepared by Cindy. 
4. Getting camp set up. 
5. The beautiful morning views. 
6. Walk around the loops with Ryan. 
7. Walking with Jackson, Jinx, and Jedi. Love these four legged fur babies.
 8. Walk along the access road. Which lead to getting my 10,000 plus steps in today. 
9. Happy that I had plenty of clothing options today. Four clothing changes today to go along with the temperatures in the day. 
10. Friendships and laughter. 
11. The excellent dinner Cindy prepared. 
12. The heat in my tent to keep me warm. 
Yes these are a few of the many wonderful things I'm thankful for today in my life. Feeling so peaceful and happy. Thank you Lord. Blessings




No comments: