JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Tuesday, May 5, 2020

May Photo Challenge/Scripture Day 5 ~ Cinco De Mayo

May 2020
Photo Challenge
Cinco De Mayo


Another internet search and picture with a little history to add to our trivia. Got information from two sites so maybe a bit repetitive. No tacos or celebrations here at my house today. Though it sure would've been a great "Taco Tuesday". The weather is perfect too. I guess we will look forward to next year's celebration. Are you doing anything special for Cinco De Mayo?

Cinco de Mayo is an annual celebration held on May 5. The date is observed to commemorate the Mexican Army's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862, under the leadership of General Ignacio Zaragoza.

Cinco de Mayo (Spanish for “May fifth”) is a relatively minor Mexican holiday commemorating the Battle of Puebla of May 5, 1862, in which Mexican forces defeated an invading French army far superior in numbers and equipment. Mexico only temporarily halted the French invasion; French reinforcements soon conquered the capital and it was not until 1867 that Mexico finally freed itself from French control.
However, Cinco de Mayo has taken on a life of its own in the United States, celebrated by Mexican-Americans and many others. Some parishes with significant Mexican populations participate in civic or community activities to celebrate the holiday. Any national or cultural holiday is a good occasion to pray for one’s country or cultural group. But in itself Cinco de Mayo has no more intrinsic religious significance than Independence Day, Flag Day or any other civic holiday.

Psalm 63:1
King James Version

63 O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;

No comments: