JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Short Story Slam Week 13 ~ BlueBell Books


Image Credit: Sky Reading by A Chance of Sunshine:





Escape
Into the magical tree
Of colored leafs of bulbs
Red
Pink
Blue
Yellow
Green
Pick one of your liking
Watch it turn into a  storybook
A book of your dreams
Escaping into make belief
Then find the limb that suits you
Sit and see where your story will take you
As you escape into the land of your making
Daydreaming of all the things that you can imagine
Stories of fairy tale lands of make believe
Far and near
Where all those magical dreams are made
Places to visit 
Where only your imagination is the limit
Out on a limb reading and daydreaming
In the Autumn colored trees
Red 
Pink 
Blue
Yellow
Green
Escaping the days realities
Into the tree of magical dreams
Where blue sky's above
Mark the peaceful beauty
That comes alive
In the land of magic
Daydreaming of magical lands
That your imagination can take you
In the story filled pages of your book
Carried away on white clouds of cotton candy
With blue fairy wings of love
Landing in the land of your dreams
An escape made for a King and Queen
Landing in the tree limbs of
Magical fairy tale dreams

~ Beth ~


Do you like to day dream of far away places?
  






Jingle Poetry

8 comments:

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

magical,

the shape and words you use in your piece are brilliant.

Marbles in My Pocket said...

A wonderful write, Beth! Imagination is a wonderful thing. I try to leave neough room in my stories and poems for the reader to fill in blanks and go where their imagination takes them. Nice job with this! Love the song, too!

http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/10/26/my-very-own-angel/

cj Schlottman said...

This is wonderful. I love the shape, and as always, your way with words is, well, just all that!

Along with "Marbles in My Pocket," I try to leave some mystery in my poems so the reader can choose where it goes.

Thanks for this poem.

Namaste.........cj

keiths ramblings said...

Lovely to read and great to look at. Inspired!

Andy Sewina said...

Phew, you've got me daydreaming of magical lands!

Many blessings to you!!!

Pat-Mather Brown Gordon-ceton said...

perfectly beautiful.
;)

e.a.s. demers said...

Lovely little poem... well done :-)

Anonymous said...

As a professional daydreamer, I can say with conviction that this was a wonderful piece, thanks!