Day 15~ Spring gifts/surprises are strange phone calls qualify? I don't know..but I say it must be a surprise for me and for them when I say "No thank you!" "Loss my number." Hot showers with wonderful body scrubs. A phone call from Mary McCormick Loomis inviting me to lunch and a wonderful afternoon of just catching up. So much fun! Lots of laughter! Standing in a very long line for over an hour was a huge surprise! But... Mary made it enjoyable. Getting baking done well Mary stood in line at the Post Office. Double lines killing two errands at once. Blessings indeed! Some very yummy chicken wings for dinner that Mary sent home for us to have. Thank you so very much! Easy dinner and clean up! SWEET! It has been a day full of many surprises! Sadly many not so good! May the Lord be with all those in Boston! I'm thankful I can lift prayers up to our Father in heaven as this country yet faces another act of violence against the American people. God be with them all and all of us in Jesus name Amen!
Day 16~ Spring gifts/surprises gift and surprise surely was how smoothly my day went today! Thank you Lord! Thank you all for the prayers I'm positive each one helped the day go smoother. For the wonderful surprise visit of Shy the dog that came to the salon to say hello today. What fun! Lunch with Mary McCormick Loomis and John again today! Thank you so much what fun! Loved it! The perm I did on Norma today; it was wonderful getting to know her and listening to her stories. WOW! She is a living history book! We miss out on so much when we don't sit and listen to the stories of our older family members. So happy to have the job I have. The drive home was lovely today. Getting over to the new neighborhood Walmart grocery store. Very nice it was too! Getting my towels done for Thursday! The call from Shari Whitlock letting me know Jan Flynn is doing well. Praise the Lord! May the Lord continue to heal her speedily. Sitting and resting.
Day 17~ Spring gifts/surprises a beautiful drive down the Columbia Gorge with hubby. A stop at my favorite place Multnomah Falls, then into Cascade Locks to Char Burger for a late lunch. It was a beautiful day. Enjoyed the beauty and the sunshine today! Looking forward to short hikes soon. I will need a walking stick.. Lots of photos with cell phone. Need to learn to us new camera. Getting some more towels for salon. Just too many gifts and blessings along the way today. And a wonderful surprise and gift found in my mail box from Carol Miller; from a wonderful trip taken last year with her and Sally Mazza. Great trip and wonderful memories with beautiful photos sent on a CD. Thank you with much love! WOW! What a surprise that was. Love you! ♥ God's gifts and surprises are endless when we slow down and stop and enjoy the views and moments we are blessed with.
What gifts and surprises did you find today and enjoy?
Day 18~ Spring gifts/surprises WOW! Full day of beautiful ladies. Many more than I had thought! Surprise was paying 2.50 for a tea bag and hot water. The lesson to pack my own tea bags. Enjoyed a lovely lunch all the same away from the salon. Getting my salon towels done for next week. YEA! Coming home to hubby and a nice home cooked meal He served me. Sweetness.! Hot shower total gift! Watching the Boston Bruins National Anthem when everyone stood and sang. Amazing!
Day 19~ Spring gifts/surprises finding yet another note on my door from complex. Not one I like but it does push me hard to find something for a change. I quiet day at the salon today. Putting smiles on each one that came in. A note to one of the sons to help take pressure off one of the ladies. She has been feeling out of sorts. Solved problem. Arriving at bank and no line to stand in. Always a good surprise especial on a Friday. Coming home and sitting down to rest and end up sleeping for awhile. I surely must have been tried. Nice surprise and gift to me. Dinner out with hubby at Chinese Happiness. Enough for lunch tomorrow.
Day 20~ Spring gifts/surprises of the day have been getting a little of my to do list done. Things out to the garage. More bills paid. These are always wonderful gifts. Opening the house for some fresh air. Can hardly wait for the week ahead; my door maybe open a lot for the fresh air and good weather ahead. Hubby coming home for lunch and taking out yet more garbage. This is a surprise and blessing both. How long it takes sometimes to get moving on some projects is always a surprise. The surprising things one finds in the refrigerator when cleaning out! LOL Always interesting! Getting dinner cooked early this evening.
Day 21~ Spring gifts/surprises Goodness everyday is full of endless surprises and gifts if we only slow down and enjoy the moment we are in as we will never pass through this time again. Morning coffee awaiting me when I awoke this morning. That is the sweets thing to find in the morning. Long wonderful conversations with your oldest and dearest friends in the world. I love you Sally Mazza thank you for the laughs today and just being you and being there. That is the best! Making a decision to go the the bible study potluck this evening. I had so much fun and enjoyed myself so very much. We played some fun games and got to know each other. Truly a wonderful gift. Text from my daughter Amber Webber and her conversation on the phone as well. She reminds me of me when I was her age. She always delights me even when I wonder why! Thank you for your spirit of life Amber and the joy you bring with it. Coming home and finding out I have some MK orders. Then surprisingly I come into my room and do some work and organizing. Which is always needed in my room. Watching the Sunday night movie "Remember Sunday". It has been an amazing day of relaxing and enjoying the moments I have had today.
What about you?
April Joy Dare:
15~ A gift in a bag, In a box, In a book
Hmmmm..........I'm thinking I may have some trouble with this one today. Thinking cap is on. I know I can do the bag many times over. The good book is always filled with gifts..not to hard. But the box? YIKES!
1) My first thought for the bag was the hamburger and fries in the bag at Five Brother's today. But then....I think about the chicken wings in the bag that Mary McCormick Loomis blessed us with for dinner tonight. I have other ones too. But must move on to number two.
2) I think in a box would be my new Mary Kay Spring colors that I pulled for myself to wear. Which I did today. Not all of them...but the ones that went with what I was wearing. Loving the new Spring color line.
3) That the Lord thee God is my provider found in the bible over and over again. A wonderful gift and promise. I love you Lord thank you!
16~ 3 Hard eucharisteos
This will be hard too! As I thought today went very well!
1) I think the adjust to getting to know a system and how things work on a new job is always hard. But it is a huge blessing too. So I'm thinking just learning and adjusting to the new salon and learning how everything works there.
2) I think sometimes going to the grocery store is hard. Because we need to go and get groceries we don't always want to pay the amount at the register. But...are blessed when we do and then we have food once again for another week. :)
3) Sometimes it is hard to just relax and let God do the work He needs to after a long day of work and driving in traffic. So just relaxing sometimes is hard. Though it is a huge blessing when we do!
17~ 3 Gifts woven together
So every morning I check to see what I'm looking for in the day. You know it is never easy to figure out how this will turn out. I know this one will be interesting.
1) I love the way the Lord weaved my day together today. As I slept in and then showered and shine for a beautiful drive down the Gorge with hubby and a late lunch. Some of my favorite places I visited today. Lovely how the Lord weaved it all together.
2) How we started the drive out on the old scenic hwy then had to turn around and go down the freeway as they had the old scenic hwy closed for construction. Made for a very interesting drive and going in a direction we normal don't go.
3) The pictures I took throughout the day. Some of the beauty the Lord blessed us with. Some of the gift if I had money to purchase I would have bought. But.. took photos of them instead. And still get to enjoy them through the photos I took of the day. The beauty He blessed us with and the gifts I couldn't afford to buy...but could hold them in my camera. What a wonderful way to weave so many gifts together all in one.
18~ 3 Gifts inherited
Thinking thinking thinking and ......Hmmm....
1) I do believe that I can count one of the gifts of inheritance the salon with all the wonderful beautiful ladies and gentleman that I know have the honor to care for their hair care on Tuesday's and Thursday's. What a wonderful gift to inherit too.
2) A strange thing not sure its inherited or not. But I seem to hold onto things forever and my mom and grandma did as well. So I think this has surely somehow been passed onto me. It can be good. But when your trying to down size and let go. Not so much.
3) And I say I saved the best for last. All the promises in the word of God. I have an inheritance through Him who first loved me. What could be better than that. Best gift of all!
19~ 3 Gifts square
Laughing as I forgot to check this morning for what I was looking for in gifts. Now I really have to go through the day. Square isn't going to be easy at all.
1) The cart I transport my towels in back and forth from the salons. It is of a square nature with wheels that helps me a great deal. A wonderful gift indeed.
2) I have a square white bowl that I really like. Only one of them in the house. I like having my morning hot cereal in it.
3) Squaring up with a bill collector until next month. I did that on the way home from the salon today with one of them. I can hardly wait until it is paid off in full.
20~ A gift stacked, stashed, stilled
My stacked gift could be may in my home and life. To pick one...... well....The many items stacked in the garage that I need to go through once again. Make decision's of what must go and what can stay. Though I do have other stacks that should be focused on first. :)
Stashed gift would be hidden gifts that I have that I forget about in all my stacks. The stashed coins in my piggy bank awaiting yet another trip to the bank to be empty. Adds to a wonderful get away.
Stilled would be my tummy from the growls of being hungry; when I feed it the yummy dinner prepared this evening. Baked chicken, left over fried rice.
Thank you Lord for the provision, of meals and over abundance of grace and goodness in my home. Along with all the many things that I have stacked and stashed, because of your love for me.
21~ 3 Gifts found in Christ
1) The friendships and love found in my brothers and sisters in Christ. The unlimited gifts in each one of them the Lord places in my life. I thank God for each one of you!
2) When we seek knock, and find it will be open to us.
Matthew 7:7 "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you."
3) The Lord's grace and glory given us.
Psalm 84:11 "The Lord will give grace and glory;no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."
How did you cope with all the excitement of the week?
Below are two fundraiser links to help with medical bills.
We have no medical insurance to cover medical.
As the weeks have gone by since I have started back to work
The ankle continues to have many issues
I will be seeking second opinion
With many prayers
I feel God is showing us
The direction to go.
God is faithful and I trust this is going to be paid in full;
and every need meet through Him