JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Photo A Day


DAY 18


Thankful

I'm thankful for my oven the money to purchase the goods that I need to make meals with. That I am able to try new dishes and meals that my hubby will enjoy that are healthy and good for you. Love the harvest time of year when you can get so many fresh veggies and fruits.



Took my jolly Halloween pumpkin and baked him in the oven
Ready for some cleaning and cooking of some 
Homemade pumpkin soup.
Along with freshly roasted pumpkin seeds.


Ready for some cleaning of the insides.
Ready to be cooked down into some yummy homemade pumpkin soup.
Yes! I'm doing it the old fashion way.
It has been all day in the kitchen for me.



This pot is ready to start mashing and cooking down.
All the wonderful flavors of onion, garlic, and bacon to be cooked with it.
I can hardly wait!
This will be ready to serve tomorrow.




The mashing quickly turns into a yummy creamy soup.
Soon to be topped with sour cream and walnuts.
As I serve this scrimshaw seasonal delight up for dinner tomorrow evening.



Cleaning of the pumpkin seeds for a little Fall snack.
Nothing better than freshly roasted pumpkin seeds.



Some freshly roasted pumpkin seeds ready to snack on!



Let the snacking begin!


So many things

going on in the kitchen today.



Decided we needed to use up all the wonderful
Fresh veggies in the house.
So I decided to something new.
I made home made cabbage rolls.
My first!
Of course this whole day in the kitchen has been an adventure.

As I truly am not much of the Suzy home maker!
Though today we all were fooled by that, myself included!




Success in the kitchen!
Dinner went well and hubby loved it!

I did have to pop it back in the oven.
I followed the instructions,
said uncooked rice.
Wish I had cooked it before hand.
It was a bit crunchy, so I had to pop it back in the oven.
The rice still was a bit under cooked. But next time I will cook before hand.
The kitchen and I ended well today.

Are you a Suzy home maker? Do you enjoy cooking?


http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/


www.marykay.com/ehernandez1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bethe,
your food looks amazing
have never had pumpkin soup
but love roasted pumpkin seeds