JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, January 18, 2014

Candid Moments


Visit With Doctor


As many of you know I broke my ankle about a year and a half ago and had to have surgery and they put a metal plate and six screws in me to hold me together.
I have been having issues on going; 
But praise Jesus for the VICTORY and from where I was to where I am today.
Still believing for a HUGE MIRACLE!!

August 2012
After surgery
This was my ankle shortly after surgery on it. I had a bakers dozen of staples in me.
I was black and blue all the way up to my knee.
I lived in a cast and was pretty much bed ridden for 5 months.
The longest five months in history to me.
Everyday has been a miracle to me since that first day.
Reflecting back and recalling where I have been and where I am today is amazing.
Though I do want to be back to the way it was before the break.

X-ray View Of Ankle
August 2012
The view of my ankle with all the armour in it.
It is what holds this gal together now.
The bionic ankle!
Though not feeling so bionic.
I am so thankful for the tech knowledge we have medically though.
Things could have been so much different.

Ankle
March 2013
This photo was taken last year in March.
As you see I have plenty of swelling.
Though I do have improvement from this view almost a year ago. I still have really bad days. Some are better than others.
Some are almost as bad but not as near so.
Thanking the Lord everyday for the ability to walk and do the things I love the most.
As well as the work I do as a hairdresser.

Ankle
January 16, 2014
 This is a photo of my ankle at the time of my doctors visit on the 16th of January 2014.
I am concerned due to pain that is causing numbing, tingling, burning, with shooting pains straight up my leg; which cause me to clasp a few times.
I feel this isn't normal after a year and half after the original surgery.
I wanted answers from the doctor.
I now know I want a second opinion for sure.
He said more surgery.
Also said that it would only take care of part of the situation and problem.
I may have to deal with this the rest of my life.
Hmmmm....
Okay!
So then my thought was partial disability.....?
But ...this doctor doesn't believe in that and said we all must work.
Okay!
I agree with that!
But when the only work I know is on my feet and this is an issue!

Maybe we can find another solution?
I can tell you I'm not up for another surgery.

Nor do I want to be down for three to four months.
I know that means living with this and the pain.
Praying for Gods divine direction.
As I really cannot afford to have surgery again or the time off.
As I am self employed.
I would be so afraid of losing my beauty shops,
God held the one for me.
Since then I have gotten a second one.
Not so sure they would hold it due to the need of a hairdresser there is high demand.
Trusting God  with His perfect direction and His healing hand.


Doctor's Office
January 16,2014
This was my view in the doctor's office as I waited to see him.
I was thinking how beautiful it was outside.
Wishing I was out there enjoying the beauty of the day.
But had some humour's moments in the office as I waited to see him.

Doctor's Office
January 16,2014
The nurse came in and took my blood pressure and the usual. Weight etc.
I had to chuckle my blood pressure was high. 
I have never had high blood pressure.
She said that could be caused by several things.
Well isn't that dandy!
I did learn that pain can cause high blood pressure.
A good reason to get this dealt with.
I already knew I was over weight.
But did find out I had lost 30 lbs.
Was delighted by that!
Though the BMI was high as well.

No kidding???
Can I blame that on the hamburger I had for lunch.

Also learned that it is normal for almost everyone even very healthy skinny people to have a high BMI.
So .... It was a comical afternoon as well as informative.

Doctor's Office
January 16,2014
The other piece of good news was I did get my disability placard for my car renewed.
Though I don't need it all the time, it is nice to know I have it for those days that walking across a parking lot is a huge struggle.

I wish I didn't need one at all!
But am thankful for the disabled placard for the car.

The nurse who signed it off was very nice and gave me lots of updated information that I would need.
Grateful for her insight and understanding.

January 16,2014
These  lovely little geese where at the restaurant I went to after the doctors appointment.
I think they wanted to follow me home.

January 16,2014
As you see He was coming along with me.
I think he thought he was going to get into the car with me.
Or maybe he thought I had something to eat and would share with him and his buddy!

January 16,2014
They were cute!
But I wasn't bringing them home with me.
Nor did I have anything to share or feed them.
Though it looks like the one fellow thinks he found something of interest.
Hope it is nothing that could harm them.
They were a friendly group. 
There was a whole flock of them. Some on the other side near the creek bed. They were all squawking away.

Ankle
January 16, 2014
Knowing this is a good day and that some days are worse than this.
 I know that this ankle is better than it use to be as I reflect back over the past year and half.
Still believe it could be much better and trusting God as I look to Him.

Jeremiah 30:17
For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds,’ saith the Lord, ‘because they called thee an outcast, saying, “This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.”’
http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/
So I am a bit behind on sharing my Joy Dare so I have put all of them on this post.
I do post them everyday on my Face Book page so if you follow me there you would see them.
Thank you!
Hope you are doing the Joy Dare as well!
It will change your life.
Blessings!

With all my post this year I will be adding my "Joy Dare" as part of my post.
You can check out "A Holy Experience". 
Ann is an amazing writer and so up lifting and has many helps to help you grow spiritually.

January Joy Dare
Day 16 
3 Witnessed blessings

!. That all my ladies today managed to be brought to me in a timely fashion so that I could get them looking marvelous and smiling with beauty. Was able to leave work early enough to go home have lunch and get ready to go to the doctors. AMAZING!
2. That I called a friend this evening to give me directions in the area I was in and she was in the same parking lot I was in. Thank you Lara Hurst for helping me out. Hopping in the car and going and having soup with me this evening. That was awesome! That you were in the same parking lot at that time was truly God!
3. Me driving at night in the fog with little visibility. Knowing God was right there with me.

January joy Dare
Day 17
A gift bringing laughter, prayer, quiet

Laughter gift today would be when I was at the grocery store today at the meat counter. They called for an employee huddle and I thought they said snuggle and said I was hanging out for that one. It was great! they did invite me to stay ...but I had shopping to do. I loved it. Great laughter and made lots of wonderful smiles.
My prayer was that I would make it through the day. I did and it was answered with energy to spare. Got all my errands done as well....plus a few extra things that I hadn't planned on. My God never lets me down.
Quiet late afternoon as I sat and reflected upon the day and how that was accomplished. It was a good day!

January Joy Dare
Day 18
3 Gifts from Gods word

1. Rest~ Matthew 11:28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
2. Perfect peace~ Isaiah 26:3 Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
3. Long life~ Psalm 91:16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”

A Holy Experience

www.marykay.com/ehernandez1




5 comments:

Tablescapes By Diane said...

Hi sweet lady.
As I was opening your post the first word came out was OMG. This looked like you had a lot of pain going on.. Then seeing the last photo was looking so much better!! I am hoping you will get back on your feet real soon""
God Bless.
Diane

21 Wits said...

My goodness it has been quite the long battle for you, and I think it's just perfect how you have dazzled your nails, and your soul, by making your toe nails shine regardless of all the rest. Thanks for stopping by my Scavenger Hunt Sunday, and yes there is a link, which I'll post here, and it describes what to do, plus, Ashley Sisk who puts this on always gives you next week's photos in advance at the end of her photos. It's really fun, and you should join too. Looking forward to seeing you play along too!

http://www.ashleysisk.com/2014/01/scavenger-hunt-sunday-184.html

Laurie Kolp said...

You have had a lot to bear this past year and a half, but I think your faith and positive attitude helped tremendously and will continue to do so. Blessings to you, Bethe. I really hope you won't need another surgery.

Rosebud Collection said...

Beth, I hope you keep the leg strapped..it will give you support.
Years ago, my husband shattered his ankle..he had plates/pins in there.
He did his own therapy, and kept it strapped..believe it or not..he never had another problem with it.
Praying for a healing ..take care my friend..

Unknown said...

bethe,
That is not normal, my pain, numbness, etc quit after the first year. Every once in a while I get pain (mostly when the weather is gonna change) however that could be some f your pain etc, the weather makes it hurt like heck!!!
hugs my dear friend