JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Candid Moments



Edgefield



Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
Today was an interesting day.
I had to go to DMV but also was getting together with a girlfriend and another friend for lunch to gather information as I prepare to purchase a home in the coming year.
I'm believe God is leading me in this direction and this is my time.
Long story there. 
Never have owned a home so this is exciting!
I am looking forward to this new chapter and adventure in my life.
Which is interesting that we picked this site for our meeting place. 
It was the Poor House according to all Historical information.
Maybe the perfect place to meet.
Wonderful food!
The Edgefield is full of very interesting things and I'm sure information as well.
I look forward to visiting here again.
I plan on taking the tour and visiting the spa and other areas that I didn't see today.
I think the Spring would be a great time when everything is in bloom
Interestingly enough this place is down the street from my home.
I knew it was here but had never been here or visited.
I know I want to come back and explore.

Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
So this fun little photo made me feel like I was "Alice In Wonderland" going through the looking glass.
I love how they had this pole with arrows directing you the direction of all the things of interest.
I think the winery should be on my list of things to do as well here.

Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
They had these lighted flames throughout the grounds here. 
I just was amazed by them and how close they where to the trees and shrubs.
This turned out beautiful!
The building in the background was where we had lunch at today.
It was called the "Power Station". 
Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
The back side of the "Power Station" which I'm  sure in Spring and Summer is just beautiful!
I really need to take the tour and find out why the names of the buildings and what the meaning is of each one.
I understand this place is haunted. 
I don't know if that is true or not.
One of my friends said there is a hotel here as well.
I know there where lots of restaurants and pubs along with the spa and winery and did I mention golf course as well.
Guess it gives me something to do in the Spring.

Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
I saw this sphere on top of a pole over one of the building that housed the "Smoke Room".
So many interesting building and places on this property.
Lots to explore and see.

Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
The window to the smoke room. 
Which I really thought was cool.
I'm not a smoker never have been.
But thought it was really cool!
And it was warm inside too!

Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
A wonderful spot to warm yourself by.
They were stoking the fire as we walked up.
I was so cold I wanted to crawl inside.
They had these fires pits at various ares on the property as well.
People actual standing around them enjoying the warmth of the fire.



Beth
Edgefield
Troutdale, Oregon
1/22/2014
Me wanting to crawl inside the warm!
It was such a wonderful day.

Got my DMV done!
 Meet up with friends for a long lengthy lunch and enjoyed the campus on this property.


Mary & I
Troutdale, Oregon
Edgefield
1/22/2014
Mary and I doing a selfie that seems to be so poplar these days.
We were laughing and having a great time.
Thanks for coming on my adventure with me.
Till next time enjoy lives sunshine along the path of life.


Multnomah County Poor Farm

  • The Multnomah County Poor Farm is a historic site in Troutdale, Oregon, United States. The former county poor farm is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Wikipedia


  • Address2126 SW Halsey St, Troutdale, OR 97060

  • Area11 acres (4 ha)


  • Phone(503) 669-8610

  • Architectural stylesColonial Revival architectureAmerican Craftsman,Georgian

  • http://www.mcmenamins.com/54-edgefield-home

    Do you find you discover new places near home, you didn't know existed and then want to explore?

    http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/

    BONUS PHOTO

    Jon Luke & CK
    Best Friends
    Doing this photo challenge with a friend on Face Book and Instagram
    Just really wanted to share this photo it is dear to my heart!

    January Photo Challenge ~Friends 


    I love this photo of my nephew Jonathan Good and my two best pals who are waiting at Rainbow Bridge for me Luke and CK. Nothing better than friends and they surely were friends all three of them; the best of friends!  A friend brings richest to the heart and treasures that are memorable for a live time and I have been richly blessed with many thank you Lord for those rich friends that I treasure so much. 




    With all my post this year I will be adding my "Joy Dare" as part of my post.
    You can check out "A Holy Experience". 
    Ann is an amazing writer and so up lifting and has many helps to help you grow spiritually.


    January Joy Dare

    Day 22
    A gift wrinkled, smoothed, unfolded

    These sound like I'm doing the laundry.....lol

    My wrinkled gift truly was my wrinkled sweater I wore today. It was wadded up in a ball full of wrinkles. So I shook it out and put it on anyways knowing the wrinkles would fall out. And they did!
    Smoothed would be how smoothly going to the DMV actually went. I wasn't happy about the whole DMV thing as most don't like going anyways. Lines and more lines with grumpy people and never fun! The people at the DMV have no sense of humor and never ever smile; worse than the TSA! Thank goodness for some friendly young man who made the stay more smoothed and pleasant. I hope his day got smoother as well. So that was my smooth!
    Unfolded would be how the day unfolded into a wonderful long long long lunch withMary McCormick Loomis and Nancy. Got some great information and looking forward to see the direction all this takes me. Thank you Lord for the unfolding of this day I am never disappointed in what you set before.



    A Holy Experience


    www.marykay.com/ehernandez1










    No comments: