JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Candid Moments



Birthday Celebration At 
Multnomah Falls

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Old photo inside Lodge
This photo was hanging in the lobby area of the Lodge near the fire place.
Love the photo and can only imagine the how magnificent it was to look at before man came in and built.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Still people come in droves to see this magnificent Falls in the Columbia Gorge from all around the world. I am so blessed to live in such a beautiful place in the world where many come to visit to see the beauty that I live in daily.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Mary
Happy Birthday Mary! It was her day! She loves the falls and everything about the PNW and the Gorge. She had never ate at the lodge before. I had the pleasure of eating there for the first time the other day with my dear friend Carol. She suggested we eat there and it was wonderful. Then another friend mentioned Groupon....which I didn't have when we ate there. So then Edie got a groupon and called and said lets take Mary to the lodge for lunch for her birthday. (So I say it pays to check out groupon) It has snowballed into a beautiful day there.And a week of me spending a lot of my days playing in the Columbia Gorge area. Which I must say I love so much.
So if you missed my post on my trip the other day check on Candid Moments on January 2.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Edie, Mary and I
 A very nice young couple visit this beautiful country and our region offered to take a photo of the three of us today.So sweet! They did a great job.
I think we all enjoyed snuggling close to get warm. It was truly cold here today.
I think the temperatures weren't much above 37 degrees. It was frosty and slippery everywhere we were.
Frost never went away. In some places it actual looked like snow.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Mary, Edie
 Pictures with the birthday girl.
Here we have Mary and Edie
I think they are both trying to stay warm. Edie and I were trying to figure out ways to stay warm and hang out until our reservation time for lunch in the lodge.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Mary and I
 Killing time taking photos with the birthday girl!
I'm sure she was wondering what we were up too. Suggested we go into the gift store to warm up and look around inside trying to kill until it was time to go into the lodge for lunch.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
Edie, Mary and I
Mary always loves to do a selfie when we are out with all of us squeezed in. She does very well at them.
After we Left the gift store told her we wanted to go up and see what the lodge looked like and we could ride the elevator. Her face was "OH Okay" I have never done this before.
 She was so surprised when we went up to the counter and asked for our reservation's.
As they took us to our table she was so taken back. Great surprise for Mary! Loved it!
What a wonderful gift and surprise.

January 4,2014
Multnomah Falls
 I never tire of the beauty here.
 I love sharing its magnificent beauty.
I sometimes forget not everyone has the pleasure of all the beauty around them as I do.

Frosty's Ice Cream
Cascade Locks, Oregon
January 4,2014
To end the day we stopped in Cascade locks at the Frosty for the most wonderful ice cream Two of them were smalls and one is a medium. A large is HUGE! I do believe I have a picture of one somewhere. And these seem smaller than they normally are for some reason. We all agreed that we remembered them much larger then these ones. Still worth it though.

Frosty's Ice Cream
Cascade Locks, Oregon
January 4,2014
Edie, Mary and I

One more selfie with the three of us and our ice cream.
A cold ice cream on a cold day to eat in a hot car to see how fast we can gobble them down before they melt.
Happy Birthday Mary!

Some links to some of the places visited today on our birthday adventure


Do you have favorite places that you love to go too and surprise your friends with unexpected adventures?

http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/

With all my post this year I will be adding my "Joy Dare" as part of my post.
You can check out "A Holy Experience". 
Ann is an amazing writer and so up lifting and has many helps to help you grow spiritually.


January Joy Dare 
Day 4 A gift old, new and blue

Laughing as what I could write about old ........ Old would be the beautiful old lodge that we had lunch at today at Multnomah Falls
New would be the new day and the beauty each one brings fresh and new each one everyday. Thank you Lord!
Blue would be the very pretty blue sky's and the cold that was turning me blue today. I was numb with cold. But.....wouldn't change this day and the beauty it held. Thank you Lord!




A Holy Experience


www.marykay.com/ehernandez1











No comments: