JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Candid Moments


Salon

February 18, 2014
 Empty chair!
Old but still in use....
Blessed to have a place to make others feel better;
 As they are on their way to recovery and healing.
Some live here but many this is just a stopping place to be able to go home.
They all love to come and get their hair done.
Some haven't had their hair done in weeks sometimes due to be in the hospital.
They tell me how excited they are that I am here to be a service to them.
So grateful for this salon.

February 18, 2014
 A little peek into my cabinet where I store all my things to create beauty and smiles here at the nursing home.
I bring my towels in from home.
I also cart a few other items back and forth as well.
This is one of two salons.
This one has to be built up to a working beauty shop;
Then broken down and the room put back together as nursing station area, when I'm done.

February 18, 2014
 My hair bowl is very tricky.
As I usually have to roll all the wheel chairs up to the sink to wash their hair.
I have triple draping or more on them to help keep them dry.
If I do use my chair I have to push and pull it around each place I may need it.
Wash bowl
Then pull it out to set or blow dry.
If need to set under hair dryer then push it under there as well.
Hard on this body!
But a blessings to those in need of this service.

February 18, 2014
 My sign up list!
Which when I leave could have none or be plumb full.
Then I could come in and everyone be scratch out like here.
I truly have to trust and rely on the Lord for my work.
He knows my needs and theirs better than we do.
I'm so thankful for each and everyone that comes to see me.
Sadly this was a scratch day.
Praying the rest of my week will be full and busy.

February 18, 2014
 My wonderful roll about that is always ready for service.
Filled with rollers of every size.
Capes and irons, gloves and of course clips.
Have hair will roll here.
Ready for service!

February 18, 2014
 Yet another photo of the cabinet and one of two portable dryers.
I will roll the wheelchairs right under them and they usually take a short nap before comb out.
The tall empty space is where I store my roll about in the cabinet.
Then everything is locked up until next time.
It is a sweet little place in my world where I bring smiles and beauty to others who may not get their hair done otherwise.
What a gift I have been given to be able to bless them.
Thank you Lord!

February 17, 2014
Beth
Thank you for coming by and seeing what is going on in my little world.
It was a windy day when this photo was snapped.
I had wanted a photo under the trees!
As I was hoping to find a new profile shot of me.
But the wind was blowing so hard I had to settle for this snap instead.
Maybe another day I will try under the trees when my sweet friend comes for another visit.
Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know you stopped by.
Blessings


http://ussminnow1964.blogspot.com/



Photo Challenge


February Photo Challenge
Day 19 ~
Full

So this challenge was a bit tougher than some.
You would think it would be easier.
But not so much!
Hubby and I made homemade salsa.
So we have full jars.
Love my honey always have honey replacement for sugar.
Milk another staple in the house.
My freezer never looks this full but is at the moment.
YEA! 
Then there is my salon full of supplies.
The roll about and the cabinet that stores my products and other needed items.



"Rejoice ye in that day and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven."
~ Luke 6:23

Lord, help us to put a new joy in our living.

Day 19

3 Gifts that where plan "B's"
Today's challenge will be a bit hard but ....I'm sure I can do this ...
1. Doing more paper.... found some I was looking for. Yet another process towards purchasing completed. Wasn't a part of the plan of relaxing.
2. Moving my car to another parking spot so the large gutter nails don't fall out on my pretty car. Thank you Hubby for noticing. One fallout this afternoon.
3. Resting instead of working




A Holy Experience

www.marykay.com/ehernandez1




No comments: