JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Friday, May 6, 2011

Finger Print Friday~ Bitter Sweet


Fingerprint Friday

There is a song by Steven Curtis Chapman that says:
I can see the fingerprints of God
When I look at you
I can see the fingerprints of God
And I know its true
You're a masterpiece
That all creation quietly applauds
And you're covered with the fingerprints of God

So look around you and see where YOU can see God's fingerprints. Is it in nature? Kids? Animals? Where do you see them? Here's how to join:

1. Blog with your interpretation of God's fingerprints. Be sure to link back here so others can find the entire list of participants.
2. After you've posted your blog, sign the Linky
This blog hop is hosted by Beki over a "The Rusted Chain"
http://www.blog.therustedchain.com/
Im sure you will love checking out all those other lovely finger prints left behind for all t read about and see.
What is your finger print that shined this week for you?


Well this Friday is a bitter sweet finger print for me.
The photo below is the photo of the beautiful blossoming trees that where in the yard in my front window. As of Wednesday they are no longer. The owner of the complex had them cut down and destroyed.
My heart raced and anger came across me that I hadn't felt in ages.
First it was the destruction of the beautiful  Rhododendron's that where around the complex along with many bushes and plants. Leaving us in a concrete cement jungle. YUK!
But I looked to the positive or at least tried too. I moved on and decided that what they would replace them with would be just as beautiful when the time came.
Then I came home from work on Wednesday; sadness then griped me. The sadness of loss and destruction of beautiful living trees that house wild life and gave shade in the Summer, flowering beauty in Spring, Fall brought rich color and foliage. Winter it gave way to bare rich branches that reached to the heavens. Now that was all gone. Not even a trace of the trunks are left as of Thursday they had a stump remover's come out to remove all signs of the once beautiful trees that landscaped the property and made it feel like a park more then a apartment complex.
So I am once again looking to the positive and finding the goodness in the day and not the negative and sadness or anger that over came me. Instead it is being replaced with joy and happiness of what the future will hold. The new beauty and landscape to come. Or maybe a new home of my very own in the near future. Whatever it is My God will walk me through and I will be blessed and joy and happiness will be my companions and playmates.
I decided that I would focus on the new and the possibilities of the future and what the Lord holds for me.
I remember and cherish the beauty! Just as the Lord takes the ashes of my life and turns them into beauty. Those memories of who I was turned from a ugly duckling into a swan of beauty.
So my finger print is of the beauty that we think we have but the true beauty is what the Lord takes and turns into true beauty from our ashes as He molds us us into who He has created us to be.
So I see these beautiful trees in photos and the reflection of the reminder that He is the Author and the Finisher of all life.
So the beauty I once loved maybe gone; but the new beauty to come maybe more beautiful then what I can dream or imagine. Unknown and  unseen beauty at this given time and moment. The birth and new beginning's of beauty yet seen.
In the meantime I have these lovely photos and the reminders of the beauty that once was until the new beauty is birthed.
Change is never easy, but it is much easier to see the beauty to come then to focus on the sadness that is causing anger and frustration that one has no control over.This isn't from the Lord, so I need to release it and move on in His perfect peace and love. I must release it and have my glass refilled in Him and His perfect grace mercy and love.
I'm grateful for the many photos I have taken while we have lived here. I will be sharing them in the weeks ahead. As the beauty was so breathe taking. I hope you will enjoy them as I have.
I thank God for the beauty they have blessed me with and the new beauty to come in the future.
In the meantime it is a bitter sweet time of change one that isn't always easy but change can be good and move us onto bigger and better things to come.
As I await the rebirth and construction of a landscape I'm wondering what beauty is being re birthed and reconstructed in my life.


NIV

James 1:11-12

For the sun rises with scorching heat and withers the plant; its blossom falls and its beauty is destroyed. In the same way, the rich man will fade away even while he goes about his business. Blessed is the man who preserves under trail, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.


Pink Sweeping Beauty

Do you like a park setting or more clean lined sterile look?


3 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

That must have been so sad for you when those beautiful trees/shrubs were demolished like that. I wonder why they removed such beauty? You are being really good in trying to move on and be positive, but I guess that this is what true faith does for a person, even though, of course, it is certainly not easy at times. I do hope that something will be planted in place of the wonderful plants that you have lost.

Gina said...

Bethe,
this saddens my heart to no end. I am a big fan of trees. I have one that is a very big eye sore as it has been hit by ice storms and tornadoes, and yet every year it comes back to provide shade *it is UGLY I will take a pic and send to you but it still here as I can't have it cut down it does still provide purpose,,,and its home to squirrels and many birds..

Blessings
Gina

artsyclay said...

Hello from Fingerprint Friday a little late. I would be sad and angry too, and wondering the reason. Good for you for trying to be positive and find things to be thankful for.