JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Write A Letter Wednesday~ Oregon

Oregon
The beauty that surrounds me is breathe taking
Mountain's that tower to the heavens
With trails to hike throughout the landscape
Unending views wherever I wander
Postcard scenes of beauty
The lakes to water ski
With rivers as wide as a canyons
Craved with the hand of God
Rafting down the white waters of the Rogue river to the Deshutes river
For those who dare to wind surf the waves of the high winds of the windy Columbia River Gorge
Volcano's filled with water and mystery
Etched in endless stillness and the quiet of the wilderness
Waterfall's craved into each hillside
Trickling down the mountian slopes into the valleys
That make the mountain sides lush in beauty
Streams and rivers that twist through the country side in all directions
Making fishing one of the number one outdoor sports for all
From fighting a steel head to fly fishing
Trees that tower as tall as the eye can see to the heavens
Evergreens with the wonderful pine scents lacing the air
Beaches to run in for miles in white sands
As you watch the Dory boats come in from a day out at sea
Lighthouses lining the coast in the brilliant old time history beauty
From Shakespeare to theater in town
Farmers markets to home made goods
Art museum's to the rich history of the old Oregon trail
Folk lore and Indian tales to tell by camp fires
Rich lush green hill sides as velvet in the Spring
A lush white cotton blanket of love in the Winter cold
From high tech to farming
The choice is yours
From long drawn out Winters to the long dog days of Summer
Each season presents an adventure and amusement of tales all  of its own
Come visit
Come stay awhile
Drink in the beauty from one season to the other
From the sea side to the mountian tops
Whether in the big city or the country hoe down
You will be glad you stop in for a royal treat from the Pacific North West beauty
Rich in history and long lasting beauty
Friends made here for a life time
So come play in my backyard and stay awhile
Have some hot coffee or tea
With some old fashion homemade marionberry pie
Watch a sunrise
A sunset
That will take your breathe away
Hope to see you soon
There is room in the inn
Oregonian


Do you have a special place you love where you live?

You can go check out other great letter's at "Write a Letter Wednesday" Josie would love for you to drop in and join in on the fun!
http://write-a-letter-wednesday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

Mercy said...

Sounds like a beautiful place, I'd love to visit the States again. Fingers crossed, one day. Thanks for your kind words on my Write a Letter Wednesday post. So glad you stopped by.

Susie Swanson said...

Sounds like a beautiful place to visit. I have always wanted to visit there. You make it sound so visual and I love it. Hope you have a blessed day, Susie

Josie Two Shoes said...

A wonderful testimonial letter for Oregon, Beth! My mother lived with her sister in Portland during WWII, and worked as a telephone operator. She loved the beauty and the people, and probably would have stayed, had she not gotten homesick for her parents in Dakota. I've never been further up the West Coast than San Diego, but some day I intend to, and you make it sound so very inviting! Thank you for participating in Write A Letter Wednesday!