JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

13 days of Christmas family traditions ~ Hosted By Rainbow's Daily Life

13 days of Christmas family traditions ~
Hosted By Rainbow's Daily Life
Day 9
http://rainbowslifejourney.blogspot.com/2011/12/13-days-of-christmas-family-traditions_21.html


So it appears I have gotten a bit behind.
So this is post 9 and then I will have a second one to catch up.

My next tradition would be that;
Every year I would take the girls to see Santa as most parents always take their children to see Santa.
I would dress them in pretty little dresses and have their pictures taken.
I would buy one and always have my camera with me as well so that I could get more.
As I couldn't always afford what they charged for the photos.

I remember my mom taking me to see Santa as well.

The best part of taking my girls to see Santa was they had seen a picture of me when I was a young girl sitting on Santa's lap so they where never afraid.
Especially after I told them I worked for him a few Christmas seasons and that I had the hot line phone that went personally to Santa.
So they wouldn't act up.
They would get really afraid that I would stop Santa from coming because I knew him personally and I worked for him.
It was so funny!

I really did work the Santa booths in the malls in Sacramento a couple of Christmas's.
It was the most fun.
Actually how I meet the girls dad.

So going to see Santa even as an adult is fun  to me.
I love to go see him.
Sad most don't even look like Santa's too me though.
I like the old traditional Santa's.

Do you like the old fashion Santa's or the more modern ones?



 

No comments: