JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, November 5, 2011

65 Day Journey

 Day 9




 Just a quick reminder to set your clocks back an hour.
I don't know about you;
But it doesn't matter whether I fall back or spring forward; 
My body time clock is all goofed up!
It will take me at least a week to two weeks to get my body on the new time schedule.
I just wish they would leave the time alone.

My little history lesson for the day!

Many countries observe some form of "summer time" and the dates when the changes are made are various and not determined by any international agreements.
Daylight time and time zones in the U.S. are defined in the U.S. Code, Title 15, Chapter 6, Sub chapter IX - Standard Time.

History of Daylight Time in the U.S.

Although standard time in time zones was instituted in the U.S. and Canada by the railroads in 1883, it was not established in U.S. law until the Act of March 19, 1918, sometimes called the Standard Time Act. The act also established daylight saving time, a contentious idea then. Daylight saving time was repealed in 1919, but standard time in time zones remained in law. Daylight time became a local matter. It was re-established nationally early in World War II, and was continuously observed from 9 February 1942 to 30 September 1945. After the war its use varied among states and localities. The Uniform Time Act of 1966 provided standardization in the dates of beginning and end of daylight time in the U.S. but allowed for local exemptions from its observance. The act provided that daylight time begin on the last Sunday in April and end on the last Sunday in October, with the changeover to occur at 2 a.m. local time.
During the "energy crisis" years, Congress enacted earlier starting dates for daylight time. In 1974, daylight time began on 6 January and in 1975 it began on 23 February. After those two years the starting date reverted back to the last Sunday in April. In 1986, a law was passed that shifted the starting date of daylight time to the first Sunday in April, beginning in 1987. The ending date of daylight time was not subject to such changes, and remained the last Sunday in October. The Energy Policy Act of 2005 changed both the starting and ending dates. Beginning in 2007, daylight time starts on the second Sunday in March and ends on the first Sunday in November.
For a very readable account of the history of standard and daylight time in the U.S., see
Ian R. Bartky and Elizabeth Harrison: "Standard and Daylight-saving Time", Scientific American, May 1979 (Vol. 240, No. 5), pp. 46-53.


For more information



Today turned into a work day instead of a day of fun and excitement.
Was making up for some loss time that I had lost while I was sick.
I made up a few hours today.
It wasn't all work.
God is faithful!
He made it so I had some enjoyment as well.
But I'm thinking I should be enjoying my work as well
He says we should enjoy everything as unto Him!
 
I did discover that I don't like to go to Walmart on Saturdays!
Oh MY!
That was not a very fun experience.
Not sure how anyone can even enjoy shopping in that crazy atmosphere.
Not sure what I was learning there.

I did spend a lot of time on the phone today trying to get things straighten out on a bill.
Oh I so hate push this button and that one and then hold for 20 minutes before you get a real person.
I just would love to talk to a person and not automation.

So I was reading and searching the word this evening.
The Lord took me to this scripture.

NKJV

Proverbs 25:21-22

If your enemy is hungry, give him bread to eat; and if he is thirsty, give him water to drink; For so you will heap coals of fire on his head, and the Lord will reward you.

So this is one of those scriptures I'm wondering okay? I'm not sure I'm mad at any one or angry at all. What are you speaking to me about Lord. Give me enlightenment here please. Guide and show me what it is I'm to do with this scripture.

Then I'm thinking okay!
It is November and  lots of people and families are in need.
So....I'm thinking its going to be one of those scriptures I get to mediate upon and wait upon the Lord.

The devotional card today was interesting as well.
But it did speak to me.
Because I really don't like being alone.
It was a great reminder that I'm never alone with Him.

Read

When I feel all alone, Father, help me to remember that you are with me and I have nothing to fear.

~Joshua 1:9

"Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord they God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."



Original page:
http://www.photosforsouls.com/free-christian-religious-clip-art.html


Day 5

The day to make up some work time.
Having breakfast with my buddy who amazes me daily.
A chance to share some laughter with a friend.
A husband that loves me!
All these gifts and much more from the Father above who loves me unconditional.
 
http://coloradobeckers.blogspot.com/

How do you feel about time change?

1 comment:

Tete said...

Bethe- love your blog...and all your writings. I think on the part of what God was trying to tell you may not be something that you needed that day, but maybe preparing you for something headed your way, so you will know how to handle it when it happens...