JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Friday, August 5, 2011

365 Days Of Pictures ~Day 163

One of many picture's taken on our first National Night out in our apartment community.
(Will have more to share)
It was a lovely evening and a great turn out.
It was awesome to meet those that serve this community.
The ladies that worked on putting this together did an awesome job.
I cannot sing their praises enough.
I don't think we would have had the turn out or those that stopped had they not put in the man hours and contact they had prior to this event.
A huge Kiddos and thank you to each one that worked so hard to put on a very successful evening Of National Night Out!
{August 2, 2011}
We had the drug enforcement out with us, city councilmen and women, along with our police and fire department.
Kids loved the fire trucks!
I will be posting some of those in the coming days.
I over saw the drawing to raise money to help get a sandwich board made for our little drive way for parents to have available when their children are out playing.
I had to laugh as I asked the Chief of Police to draw our first ticket of the evening.
And said this nice officer!
{Laughing}
I guess I demoted him.
Not my intent at all.
He took it all in stride; I think he got a kick out of it.
Getting to know those that serve us as well as my neighbors.
What a great way to create a safe environment and community to live in for everyone.
As you can see all where having a great time!
More picture's and stories to come.

Chief Of Police
Greg



Did your community have a National Night Out? If in another country do you have anything like this where you live?


 



3 comments:

Southhamsdarling said...

That community night sounds like such a fabulous idea, Bethe, and well done to all those involved. It really is such a good way of bringing everyone together and creating that sense of togetherness, which can only be a good thing. Good post today my friend.

Melissa said...

Our event this year was on the hottest day of the summer. My car said 110 degrees. My neighbor and I started walking to the park where ours were held but didn't make it. Our city does one every year. I can't wait to see more pics. How funny about "Officer" Greg! Did you guys raise enough money? A sandwich board, what a neat idea.

Rainbow said...

Bethe,
this is great I do not remember anything like that around here that is funny about Officer Greg but glad he had a good attitude. Hope it went the way you planned.

Blessings
Rainbow