JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tears

Tears

Tear stained cheeks
Burn with a heart that is broken
From a lost love
As I sit here
I think
Tears flow
I listen
To the music of the love
I once knew
That is now lost
I try to find it
As the tears trickle down
They cover me
In the sorrow and pain
Of the love I lost
Tears flow
As the memories wash over me
I wish things were different
But time has ebbed away
Seconds into minutes
Minutes into hours
The days into months
The months turn into years
The tears flow
They have turned into the
Seconds, minutes
Hours, and days
That have turned into the passing years
The loss so deep
A stinging pain cut deep within
Tears flow
I wonder
Where has the time gone
I just want to catch one minute
Hold tight the love
As the flood of tears wash over me
The sting of the stain
Upon the lost love
I hang onto each memory
As though it was the last
Tears trickle down
Hanging on to the dream of the love
That once was
Praying it wont fade away
A memory no more
The tears in my heart ache
With pain that is daunting
Nothing will subside it
As the tears flow from the heart
Drenching the tear stained cheeks

~Beth~



Do you have memories that cause you to sit and cry and remember times gone by wishing they were still here?


8 comments:

Shauna said...

Dear Bethe, I do remember an old love and wish
we were committed, however I don't cry over
him. MY life prob. would be a lot different.

Bethe I would love to interview you - only three
short fun questions, for my blog - please email
me - crinkleddresspress@yahoo.com

Your poem is so full of longing it tugs at my heart.

Raindrops and Daisies said...

A really beautiful poem but such a sad one.

Take care of yourself Beth.

Thinking of you.

Unknown said...

lovely poem. I have some memories of my Dad who past away from cancer at the age of 55. It was sudden and quick and not much closure. Sometimes a certain smell will trigger a memory of him and it is with tears/joy I remember him. Thanks for the sweet poem.

Southhamsdarling said...

Beautiful little poem today my friend. Lost love is so sad. Sorry i haven't been commenting, but i've been having a little break whilst i'm in Paris with the family.

Susie Swanson said...

Just beautiful. you are such a wonderful writer. It brought tears to my eyes, brought out so much emotion...you go girl. love it...blessings to you..Susie

Mickie Brown said...

Beth, Wow, what a moving poem--very beautifully stated. Thank you so much for the blogging award--I appreciate it immensely. I posted it on my sidebar and I'll get around to telling "things" about myself as well as passing it on soon. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Hugs, Mickie :)

jennifaye said...

Crying is cathartic. So let go and let tears flow....the same way you let words flow with your poetry :)

Undeserving Grace said...

That made me cry! Very beautiful. I need an email to contact for the social networking icons so they can have a touch of you in them!
have a great weekend
{tara} from Undeserving Grace