JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Monday, August 8, 2011

Playdate With God ~ Birthday Celebration

Today is a bit hard to pick a playdate with God! I feel I had so many this past week. I have had a full and busy week. Some that I wish would have disappeared and some that have brought much joy and happiness to me. This is one of those times that I wish I could somehow find a way to make a slide show of the wonderful goodness God showers me with. It was truly an amazing full week. So picking just one is hard. But there is one that stands out for me only because you only turn one once. My great nephews birthday!
I traveled to the The Dalles for the day. I usually go for the weekend but opt to go for the day. Mom was there and a household full of family and friends. Some dating back to when I was a small child. Isn't that awesome that those wonderful people will be playing a roll and have been in my great nephews life like they did mine. Feels like full circle.
I got up early on Saturday and had coffee with hubby. Then toke the delightful CK for a short walk. She knew something was up and wasn't happy. She was giving me that dogie dewclaw look. Like what about me mom?
Hit the road before 10 and was in the The Dalles at 11 am. Perfect! As I was doing mom's hair before the celebration of my great nephews first birthday.
Mom wasn't there when I arrived. My youngest sister and her had went out shopping.
So, it was a perfect time for my other sister and I to do some catching up over a cup of coffee.  As I hadn't been over in awhile with all that has been going on. So it was wonderful catching up and visiting a bit before the party and everyone got back to the house.
When mom got back I washed and blow dried moms hair pumped some curls in and combed out.
It turned out very nice! She was blessed and that was the most important thing.
My precious great nephew and his mommy arrived and it was play time.
Time to celebrate him and his first birthday! What a gift to help celebrate this special little guy.
Sadly most of my family doesn't like there picture taken so it was hard to get family and friends in any photos as they were opposed to it. But I did get lots of the little guy and his mom. I picked out a few of my favorites to tell my Birthday celebration story with.

NKJV

Acts 3:25-26

You are sons of the prophets, and of the covenant which God made with our fathers, saying to Abraham, 'And in your seed all the families of the earth shall be bless.' "to you first, God having raised up His Servant Jesus, sent Him to bless you, in turning away every one of your from your iniquities."
Preparation's for the celebration

Happy Birthday!
Daniel!

Big One!
Personal cake for the Big guy!

More cake for the festivities

Great Aunt Beth
&
Birthday Guy
Daniel

Its my birthday!

Ready for celebration
Mom
Great Aunt
And Birthday Boy!

I got money mom!
Look what can I do with this?
Can I eat it?

So many things
I want this one to play with
Now!

WOW!
More goodies
They just keep coming

That Gorilla is as big as me!
It is COOL!

Clothes too
I'm thinking it is a bit big
But great for
Football season

New toys
New clothes
So much to cart home

I'm calling you
Why don't you answer?

Great Aunt Rosie
Is teaching me so much

This is a great toy Great Aunt Rosie!
Thank you for playing with me and showing me how it works.
We love him so much!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANIEL!

Don't you love a good celebration? Making new memories with the little ones and sharing old ones?






5 comments:

rainbow said...

He is SOOOO cute and it looks like everyone had a good time. Hope you post a photo of your Mom's hair though. I bet it was great. THANKS FOR SHARING.

rainbow (Momma Lyn)

Arlee Bird said...

For me, time with family is wonderful. I don't see them often enough. Glad you had a good time with yours.


Lee
Tossing It Out

Southhamsdarling said...

Little ones in the family are such a joy and a blessing, aren't they Bethe?! He is such a cute little boy and obviously enjoyed his birthday very much. The photos are lovely. Thanks for sharing. Loved the one of you and Daniel together.

Laura said...

These pictures just make me smile and smile! I'm so glad you've had such a busy-wonderful week. I can't think of a better way to play than to celebrate the birth of one of God's children. Hugs to you, Beth!

Rainbow said...

beautiful!!! my great nephew will be a year on the 17th havent seen him since he was 3 days old as they moved to AZ POUTS...but I have another great (niece or nephew on way)
Thank you for sharing
Blessing
Rainbow (Gina)