JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Playdate With God ~ Poolside

This week seemed to be full of mishaps from the gate.
But... the Lord never lets me down. Even in the mess of life and all the mishaps that happen one can find a simple play date and quiet moment with the Lord. And that is just what I did. It may not have been as easy as I like; but we found that quiet still moment when I can just sit and be in His presence. Even in a noise messy week where voice's and life is happening faster than I can keep up with. Praise the Lord for these stolen moments together to hear His soothing voice speak to my heart and mind bringing calm and peace to my crazy life.
I had headed up to the pool one evening expecting to find loads of children playing and splashing while parents watched on. But... not this evening. It was a still quiet night at the pool. Not one child nor parent to be found; nor did any wander up.
So I sat and sat, with dangled feet in the pool as the stillness and the quiet surrounded me; that the Lord had offered this late afternoon early evening.
As I sat I looked around and listened and wondered why it was so still for me at this pool side when it is usually full of laughter and joy of children and families sharing family times together.
As time ebbed away I just sat as the late afternoon Summer breeze brushed across my face. It was as though Lord was kissing me and telling me everything is going to be okay my child, I'm here with you. You are not alone.
Then I noticed the life preserver hanging on the fence. Hmmm..... Jesus is my life preserver!
Then I saw the hook and net.
Yes!
He will hook me up and draw me in as a sheep that has fallen. Use His net to fish me when I drowning.
I'm His and He wont let me fall with out picking me up. He wont let me drown when the waters feel like they are over taking me. He is my life preserver.
He said He would never leave me. He would walk this with me.
He sent His son.
He left His comforter.
I am not alone!
Reach up and look up.
For He has given me everything I will ever need and more.
As I sat at the pool side and listened and watched with amazed eyes and wonder.
It is going to be okay!
He has worked out every detail and is walking side by side with me.
He has given me this peace and shown me rest in a place that is usually filled with laughter and joy.
But... tonight with His sweet presence to show me He is God!
Through the tools of the pool.
Thank you Lord for showing me your perfect love near the still waters.


NKJV

Job 19: 25-27

For I know that my redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth;And after my skin is destroyed, this I know That in my flesh I shall see God, Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another.How my heart yearns within me!




Still Water's

Life Preserver

Net

I Am With You Always
Three In One
Father
Son
Holy Spirit
He Is My 9-1-1




I Do Have The Hot Line
To My God

He Is Not IN The Box
But With Me Always

Look Up
I Am With You Always
I Will Set You Near Still Calm Waters
Rest In Me


Are you ever surprised how peace comes in the storm?



 
 


3 comments:

Rosebud Collection said...

It is funny how you hit on a few words I always use..The thing I always say to my family is:..The true secret to life here on earth.."is PEACE within oneself"..and whenever I am troubled or worrying about driving somewhere..three birds will fly by..and I thank God, for I know He is letting me know..He is with me..Father/Son/Holy Spirit...
Have a Happy Day Beth..xoxoRosebud/Carolyn

Shauna said...

Bethe, It is amazing how God takes such good care of each one of his children. Thanks for sharing
this loving story of God's grace and compassion.

This week admist the storm of Irene [ not really
that bad for my family] I was blessed with an exta
dose of love and concern, I am still exctited about what God has done for me and He in all of
his beautiful grace added a supreme cherry on
top! Praise God.

Laura said...

THis is the sweetest of Playdates. Isn't He just the best beau? THis entire post made me smile big, Beth. I'm so glad He came to you in this stormy week. The still small is even sweeter in the midst of the noisy seasons.