JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Friends

I wrote this poem back in the late 80's. I don't have the exact date on the write of this one. I know I probably wrote it on a slow night in the bar when i was bar tending. When I would get bored I would grap a pad and pen and write. I kept most of my writings. But over the years a lot of them have been destroyed or thrown away by mistake. I hope to find some more of them. It shows me where I was and where I have come from. I surely have come a long way baby!



Friends
How special
More precious
Than the rarest rhinestone's
Friends are the rarest
They are precious rhinestone's
The rarest the world has to offer
More priceless is the smile given
Between friends
The unspoken words of love
That you know is always there
The unspoken love between friends
Is always there
Friends
How special
My friend

~Beth~



Do you have old writings laying around that you run across once in awhile?


7 comments:

Decor To Adore said...

What sweetly tender poem. I can tell it came from your heart!

Susie Swanson said...

This is heartfelt poem Bethe. i love the tender nature of it and can tell it came from the heart. You are a great poet and an awesome writer...Susie

Southhamsdarling said...

Beautiful little poem, Bethe, in honour of friendship. I can't imagine life withour my female friends.

Donna @ The House on the Corner said...

I admire people who can express themselves by writing. I've never had that talent - the closest I've come is blogging ;-)

Very special poem!

Shauna said...

Bethe, this is a beautiful ode to friends!

Rainbow said...

Bethe this is beautiful :) I need to post some of my poems here on blogger :)

Blessings
Rainbow

Mickie Brown said...

The more we write, the better we become at writing. This certainly has a beautiful thought to it. Have a lovely weekend, Bethe. Hugs, Mickie :)