JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.

Day 27 - A picture of yourself and a family member.



A little girls first love her daddy!

My mother gave this picture to me awhile back. It means the world to me. You see I didn't know my dad that well as I didn't grow up with him in my life. They split when I was young and with him in the military and my step dad in the military we didn't live in the same area. As well there where choices that the adults made that had life time effects.
In the past 20 years I have had the pleasure of getting to know my dad. It has been a slow go. As he lives in upper state New York and I here in Oregon. But it has been amazing journey of getting to know this man my dad.
I think I must of been pretty crazy about him from the photo here.
I have seen lots of photos of the time we were a family. My mom and him always looked to me very much in love. Lots of hugging and kissing going on. Never have really heard the story of why. But that is okay I don't need to know. That was then this is now. And I am just  happy he is apart of my life today. And  my mom and dad are friends today. Thank you Lord for that blessing.
His wife is wonderful! She and my dad flew me out to see him about 18 years ago. I spent a wonderful month out there. Meeting family that I surely don't recall. But they sure remembered me. It was a gift I will always treasure.
This past November my sisters had him come out to Oregon for a month. It was a great time to be able to spend that time with him. It is a part of my little girl dreams. knowing the man that is my dad. It is hard though the distance but... It is happening.
March 18th was his birthday. He always likes to say his birthday is on the 17th.
Funny!
So I really don't know much about this picture outside of that it looks like dad loves me and I love him. That is all that is important.
A little girls first love her daddy!


Are there things from your childhood you wished you knew more about?

2 comments:

Susie - Walking Butterfly said...

I loved this post! The pic is full of love and the sweetness of being loved. Your ability and choice to concentrate on the positive is so wonderful and refreshing!

Southhamsdarling said...

That's a super photo of you and your dad and I agree, it looks as if you both love each other very much. I'm so glad that you have a good relationship with your dad now.