JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Seeking Virture Sunday~ Hosted By Measuring Flower

Another very cool and lovely blog hop. I found this today over at Writing with Debra:

So this hop is for all Christian ladies. There are rules like with all hops. So please go check her out. I think this will be so inspiring.  This hop is from Measuring Flowers:





 I am a hair stylist in an Assisted home living. I do both men and women's hair. The other day I had  the most delightful gentleman come in to get his hair cut. He is a retired Doctor. So I'm sure he has many stories to share of God's miracle working touch of His hand.
Which he did the day we meet. He shared several on this afternoon after lunch.
The first was when his wife was diagnosed with cancer over thirty years ago. They where told she would not live. Well here they are! The doctors  were so very wrong! And she "LIVES"! The most interesting part was that there was a church they where connected to and the missions that they supported where praying for the America's and those with cancer. Time zones as they are it was in the middle of the night in America. She was in coma and wasn't going make it through the night. They said she would be gone before morning. The nurses where making their rounds and came to check on her. She was sitting straight up and wanting something to drink, wide awake. It was at the precise time the mission in the foreign country where praying for those here in America. They had been believing for a miracle and the church was praying as well. He had asked what time the missions where praying because that was so important to him. Then he found out it was the exact time his wife work from the coma.
Power in prayers that is for sure.
He had several others he was sharing that afternoon as well.  He told of lives being transformed and how they took the word home with them to their families. How whole families where being changed and healed. It was amazing to hear the miracles of God!
I never ever tire of them at all!
I'm sure I will have the Honor and privilege of hearing more of them. As I do hear many from those dear Saints in the Assisted Home.
These are ones I wouldn't have heard if he had not come in and I didn't work at my amazing salon that my husband so lovingly calls "God's Waiting Room". Or for that matter any of the wonderful stories of hear from each one daily.
Lives being transformed is always a miracle.

NIV
James 5:15
And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.



4 comments:

Janis Van Keuren said...

Beautiful stories because of the blessing you've chosen in giving of yourself to others.

Love what your husband calls your salon: "God's waiting room." Truly a treasure.

TJ @ MeasuringFlower.com said...

Wow. That's really neat! Thank you so much for sharing it and for linking up to my SVS list! God bless! :-D

forgetmenot said...

Such a nice story. Prayer is powerful, no doubt. Do you realize what an important job you have as a "listener"!! What a wonderful service you provide by giving people a willing and interested ear so they may share their stories. I'm sure when they leave you, they have a smile on their face and a "good feeling" in their heart. Mickie

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Beth,I am so glad you participated. Wonderful post.