JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

365 Days Of Pictures ~Day 140


I would like you to meet Dot.
She is one of my Friday morning regulars.
Her and her husband just celebrated 69 years of marriage.
OH MY!
That is more years than I have been alive.
I am so blessed to now this lady and her wonderful husband.
It was her prayer that he would be with her and her with him.
They were!
I can dream of making it that many years but I would have to live well past the 100 to do and so would hubby! Not sure we will.
But they will be God's decision not ours.
It will be something to strive for.
My grandparents on mom side were married for 51 years before grandma passed away.
Not sure about the my dads side of the family as I am still learning about them.

 I think the flash bothered Dot's eyes I took several of her and all of them her eyes where closed.


Sweet Dot!
Do you know or have anyone in your family that have made it pass 50 years or more in marriage?




3 comments:

rainbow said...

Both of my sisters have made 50 +. Dee and Bill have been married 59 years last February and Dot and Carson were married 61 when Dot went too heaven May '10. When Jerry and I got married I told him I was going to have a 50th Anniversary, there would been no divorces in my future. If he wanted out of our marrage, I had a gun and would take care of that or if he died early he would go in the freezer and go as a popcicle. I was going to have a 50th Anniversary one way or another. He will be 99 and I will be 87, it's will been one Sept 18, 2037. YOU ARE ALL INVITED, BEEN SURE AND SAVE THE DATE.

THANKS FOR YOUR POST, YOUR DOT IS BEAUTIFUL JUST LIKE MY DOT. THANKS FOR THE MEMORY. Hope you have a GREAT rest of the week and make it's a SUPER WEEKEND.

LOVE TOO YOU, rainbow (Momma Lyn)

Rainbow said...

Bethe,
Thank you so much for this lovely story ...my granparents on my mothers side were married 57 yrs before my grandmother passed. I think my dads parents had 60+ one of my dear friends and his wife had 65+ years when he passed.

Blessings
Rainbow (Gina)

Sheilagh Lee said...

this is a lovely story.My parents were childhood sweethearts they met at nine years old married at eighteen and were married for 53years until my mother died. My dad missed her so much he died a year and a half later.