JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

 

The Memorial Auditorium is so beautiful in Sacramento.
It is one of the historical building in the downtown area.
I remember going there as a kid for many different events.
When really young when dad was stationed at Mcallen Air Force Base I remember going to see Santa down there.
I remember when I was older going to see what I called the phony fights.
Then when I was in my early twenties going there for boxing matches.
The circus when the girls where very small.
Now to see my daughter graduate.
And I'm sure some other events as well that I attend.
They just aren't coming to mind right at the moment.
So many events have been held here many memories made by thousands of people.
I have been there for so many wonderful events.
A part of history.

When I went down to the ladies room area I noticed more pictures on the wall of many events; that they had held there in the past. I had wish I had brought my camera down there with me to snap some of the photos of the events.
There where dances and proms and graduations.
Crowning of Queens and Kings!
I'm sure wedding parties and who knows all.
But the buildings architecture is so beautiful I wanted to try and capture some of it so share with you all.
I also found an article written that is at the bottom of the page that I posted as well.






Just Love The Sunlight Hitting The Side Of The Building

Some Of The Words In Scripted On The Entry Wall

Beautiful Pillars

Pillar Glass Beauty

Entrance

Shall We Go In?

Just Cannot Get Enough

Like I Said I Cannot Get Enough Of The Pillars And The Beauty

Inside
Anthony Helping With Little Ones

Picture Of The Circus Elephant

Picture Of the Traipses Act

Finally Have Our Sits

Someone Isn't Happy

Front Of The Auditorium

Side View And Balcony From Where We Were Sitting

Beautiful Old Hardwood Floors

 

 

 

Sacramento Memorial Auditorium

1515 J St., Sacramento, CA, 95814
(916) 808-5921 - Venue Website
Registered as a historic landmark, the Memorial Auditorium is a true multi-use venue. There are four seating levels in the Auditorium: sloped main floor, dress circle and two balconies, with a seating capacity totaling 3,855. In addition to the main house, the Auditorium includes the Memorial Hall and the Jean Runyon Little Theater.


Read more: http://events.sacbee.com/sacramento-ca/venues/show/23687-sacramento-memorial-auditorium##ixzz1SoYjzJgJ



Do you enjoy old architecture and historical building?

No comments: