JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Frustrated & Venting

I usually try and write very up beat post.
But tonight I was hit with something I just didn't know how to respond too.
It hurt me deeply.
It was like a knife going through my heart.
Then twisting and thrusting.

I had posted on my Face Book about turning on your porch light for little Caylee Anthony.
It breaks my heart what happened to her.
My post was turned into something other than what the intent was meant for.
This was my post:
"Something we can do for this wee one! My heart aches. May the God above hold her sweet hand and dance and play with her in the stars above."

Location: all over the world
Time: ‎9:00PM Tuesday, July 5th

I try to pray and be an encourager to my friends and loved ones.
I have a lot of little ones on my page that I play games with as I have my grandchildren on there.
I conduct business on there as well.
I also have my blog popping up there through the blog network.
I stay connected with church, school friends and host of others.
It is a way for me to stay in contact with everyone I love and do business with.
Plus a bit of R&R fun!
I love it!
Tonight a person hijacked it and turned it around into something that was awful.
Then attacked my grandson.
He didn't know he was attacking a child or my grandson.
But.... My thought is you should respect other peoples sites.
I also think it is okay to have a conversation with others on their site if it is an open forum; but ones should be respectful of others and shouldn't speak rudely or vulgarly.
Not everyone is going to agree with you or have the same opinions or believes.
I think that is okay and what makes this world such a wonderful place to live.
It is what my freedoms are about.
But I do think you should respect an others opinions and thoughts as well as their believes you don't know what made them them or what their walk is.
You've never walked in their shoes or lived their life. So who are we to judge them?
I'm a firm believer in loving a person right where they are.
I may not like you and that is okay to as you may not like me either.
But I do have to be respectful.
You are a human being and deserve respect.
That is what didn't happen on my page tonight!
I found it terrible offensive and did write privately to this person.
But it had me so worked up.
It amazes me how people respond.
Then got mad at me for telling them I didn't appreciate the way they acted or spoke on my page.
I guess I shouldn't expect that everyone is going to respect an other's page.
But if you want to get in a heated debut about something there is other venues and ways to do so.
I got upset at something on my daughters page in the past and re-acted wrongly. I then had to go back and respond with an apology as I felt I was out of line. Not only to my daughter but to those that where on the post as well. And it was nothing like what happened to me this evening.
This was truly out of line!

Thank you for allowing me to vent this night on my blog.
I will leave you with these thoughts from scripture:

NIV

Matthew 7:6

"Do not give dogs what is scared; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.'


Proverbs 18:17-18

The first to present his case seems right, till another comes forward and questions him. Casting the lot settles disputes and keeps strong opponents apart.


Have you ever felt hijacked like this before?

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm very sorry you've had this experience. In the past I've noticed that people who act like this person did have huge personal problems.

But instead of trying to learn from that they become spiteful and bitter.

My own circumstances often make me feel this way but I try to work on it, not take it out on other people.

Southhamsdarling said...

Oh I am so sorry that you have had this experience Bethe, with someone trying to turn something good into something different. It must have been horrible for you, and you are right to vent about it my friend. I read about that poor little soul on other peoples' blogs. It just all seems so sad. Hugs.

Rainbow said...

Bethe,
I am so sorry for the negativity that came your way through FB What happened to Caylee can never be brought back. It is your page and you have the right to monitor it just like any place else.

I am always here for you, if ever you need a shoulder.

Blessings
Rainbow

rainbow said...

I am so sorry that there are such horrible people in the world and they feel they have to impose on something GOOD. I hope you keep on SHOWING THE BEAUTY THERE IS IN YOUR POSTS. It is always a BLESSING to read your posts even if you need to vent some, just know we are with you and WE WILL STAND FIRM. HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD REST OF THE WEEK and MAKE IT A GREAT WEEKEND.

LOVE TO YOU
rainbow (Momma Lyn)

Clare Dunn said...

This is the place for you to vent, when you feel the need. Your friends will always support you, here.

Continue to see the good, and continue to pray for those who feel an overwhelming need to spread their negative feelings to the rest of the world.

xoxoxo, cd

Katz78 said...

I too am sorry that it went sideways on us. I pray that we both learn from this even with others choose not to better themselves. I love you. >Hugs<