JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Find A Penny Pick It Up, And Think

This was sent to me via the email from one of my friends that I went to school with in Oregon. He now lives in Shanghai, China with his family. He is a teacher there. I cannot even imagine the different live style he must be living being in a whole different country like that.
When he was visiting a few years back I saw him at a class reunion. What a kick it was to see him and so many other class mates I hadn't seen in many years.

So actually this was formulated obviously for a email. But I so wanted to share this with you all.
It is funny after reading it and going out with CK we found five pennies.
Then I was out with a friend and found about four more.
Yes I did stop and think about this email.
I also stopped and thought about the other thought. about pennies.
Which is pennies from heaven.
I believe there is a poem or something about that one as well.
It as well reminds me how; God is telling me how much He loves me.
Really not much different than this email below.
Interesting how things like that happen.
Feel free to copy and share this as I have done.
Sorry I'm not really sure how to edit all this unless I do a rewrite.
So I'm leaving it as it came to me.
Hope you enjoy it as I have and is thought provoking for you as well.


Message below from my friend:

(Be blessed, even if you are unfamiliar with American (USA) money.
I liked this message, especially after meditating on how much God cares for us, delights in us and watches over all we do.
Cheers,
Rick)

You always hear the usual stories of pennies on the sidewalk being good luck, gifts from angels, etc. This is the first time I've ever heard this twist on the story. Gives you something to think about. 
Several years ago, a friend of mine and her husband were invited to spend the weekend at the home of her husband's employer.
 My friend, Arlene, was nervous about the weekend. The boss was very wealthy, with a fine home on the waterway, and cars costing more than her house. 
The first day and evening went well, and Arlene was delighted to have this rare glimpse into how the very wealthy live. Her husband's employer was quite generous as a host, and took them to the finest restaurants. Arlene knew she would never have the opportunity to indulge in this kind of extravagance again, so was enjoying herself immensely.
 
As the three of them were about to enter an exclusive restaurant one evening, the boss was walking slightly ahead of Arlene and her husband.
He stopped suddenly, looking down on the pavement for a long, silent moment.
Arlene wondered if she was supposed to pass him. There was nothing on the ground except a single darkened penny that someone had dropped, and a few cigarette butts. Still silent, the man reached down and picked up the penny.
He held it up and smiled, then put it in his pocket as if he had found a great treasure.
 How absurd! What need did this man have for a single penny? Why would he even take the time to stop and pick it up? 
Throughout dinner, the entire scene nagged at her. Finally, she could stand it no longer. She casually mentioned that her daughter once had a coin collection, and asked if the penny he had found had been of some value.
 
A smile crept across the man's face as he reached into his pocket for the penny and held it out for her to see. She had seen many pennies before! What was the point of this?

"Look at it," he said. "Read what it says."

She read the words, " United States of America ." 
"No, not that. Read further."
 
"One cent?"
 "No, keep reading." 
"In God we Trust?"
 "Yes!" "And?. . ." 
"And if I trust in God, the name of God is holy, even on a coin. Whenever I find a coin, I see that inscription. It is written on every single United States coin, but we never seem to notice it! God drops a message right in front of me telling me to trust Him. Who am I to pass it by? When I see a coin, I pray. I stop to see if my trust IS in God at that moment. I pick the coin up as a response to God; that I do trust in Him. For a short time, at least, I cherish it as if it were gold. I think it is God's way of starting a conversation with me. Lucky for me, God is patient and pennies are plentiful!"

When I was out shopping today, I found a penny on the sidewalk. I stopped and picked it up, and realized that I had been worrying and fretting in my mind about things I cannot change. I read the words, "In God We Trust," and had to laugh. "Yes, God, I get the message!"
 
It seems that I have been finding an inordinate number of pennies in the last few months, but then, pennies are plentiful! And, God is patient.





Thought for the Day:


If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.


If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.


He sends you flowers every spring.


He sends you a sunrise every morning.

Face it, friend - He is crazy about you! 




Send this to every beautiful person you wish to bless.


God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,
 sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way.


Read this line very slowly and let it sink in.



If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.
 




Pass this message to seven people except you and me.
 



You will receive a miracle tomorrow
(just do it)!



Do you receive email you just love to share and pass on that makes you stop and think twice?

4 comments:

rainbow said...

That is beautiful, my sisters and I have collected pennies like that for a long time saying, "They were from our Mom". I like the new idea of "In GOD we TRUST". Now I will think of both of them when I find a penny. THANKS FOR SHARING.

MAKE IT A GREAT SUNDAY.
rainbow (Momma Lyn)

Marilyn said...

This was awesome : )) ... Stopping on in to invite you to my "colorful" photo challenge.. Hope you can get to play pweaase.. lol.. Hope all is well.. Thank You..

Rosebud Collection said...

THat was a beautiful read..You know, I have somewhere a story about Angels and pennies..My girls would laugh at me..I never leave a penny on the ground..they were so bad, they would plant them near the car when we were shopping, just to watch me pick it up..and of course I didn't know it was planted..We would always laugh at that.
Hope all is well with you..sending love/blessings..Carolyn

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful reminders. Sharing blessings is a special service to humanity. reading this was like finding a penny!