JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Saturday, March 5, 2011

365 Days Of Pictures ~Day 11

This photo was taken last week when we had the snows. It was in front of the assisted home where my salon is located. It is a beautiful setting there on the patio, filled with flowers, chairs and tables for the residents to enjoy.
Starting in the Spring through the Fall you will find them gathered out there enjoying the fresh air and sunshine. I'm sure they are chatting away about the good ol' days and when life was much simpler and not so fast paced. Sharing their tales of family and friends of days gone by.
It is so much fun to sit and listen to their beautiful stories of life and living life to the fullest. And on occasion you will find them sitting in the Winter gazing in the distance longing for the days of long ago and those that have gone before them. Longing for the family that is busy with life. They soon notice you are there ready to tell you another story of when they where raising the children on the farm or working in the rail yards, coming home from war and so much more.
Some tell stories of the missions, sharing the gospel with those who wouldn't have heard had they not taken it to them.
The retired Pastors and their lovely wife's. The widow who was married to the mailman who share's the story of the love he had for her and her sons. So many tales to share on a cold Winter Patio or in the afternoon Summer sun of the late day turning into another passing day.
So much history stored in one soul as they start to daze off into a time forgotten.
Lend me an ear, lend me your hand, come sit awhile and I will tell you a tale; of life that is coming to an end with the glint in their eye and a smile on their face with a life that was well lived abundantly.
 NIV
Galatians 6:6
Anyone who receives instruction in the word must share all good things with his instructor.


As Time Melts Away

Do you have some one who you'd like to sit awhile and hear their story's of long ago?

3 comments:

Petra said...

What a lovely post. I do have someone I'd love to sit with for hours and listen to her stories, but, unfortunately, she can't remember them anymore. Makes me sad.
Thank you for your comment on my blog, and I'd LOVE to see some pics of your chocolate!

Charla @ Healthy Home Blog said...

I used to sit and rock side by side with my grandfather while he told stories from the past. That was a special time!

Josie Two Shoes said...

It is said that everyone has a story to tell if we will just listen... so true! This was a lovely post! Many years ago as a young adult I worked in a small nursing home and I loved to listen to the stories the residents would share of their lives. It pained me how some of them never had family members come to visit.