JellyPages.com

New Back ground

Daily Journey

My journey through my day and my life with its andotes and life lessons of the day. The gifts and blessing of those people the Lord has surrounded me with along with the many treasure's He has left for me to open and enjoy along the way. My walk with my Lord and Savior, Prayers, Work, Play. Pictures of the gifts and blessing. My journey through life and how it has strengthened, blessed me or............

Blog Awards

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

 I have to say this one by far has been the most difficult for me to do.
You see I really don't have anyone that I would say inspires me. Not a person anyways. I am inspired by life and living it. I love to live life to the fullest and experience it myself first hand.
I am a person that beats to her own drum. I pave my way.
There are many inspirational people out there that would be inspiring. I could pick my mom. Some of my very special girlfriends that have beat the odds and have come out on the other side Victorious! I could pick numerous people from history who have inspired and paved the way for others and opened doors. I could pick my friend who is a triple amputee who is truly an amazing man to me.
But life inspires me. So as I thought about who inspires me I landed on one historical person and a fictional person. Both women have path ed a path for themselves and beat to their own drum. I felt they both had some reflection of who I am if I had to pick a person who inspires me.

I picked Harriet Tubman. She is is a woman that didn't let life dictate to her. She lead a life that was bold, strong and independent, daring, one that moved mountains and helped others to achieve things. Her story of the underground railroad durning the civil war still fascinates me.
A woman of her time and race was not suppose to achieve the things she did. She wasn't someone that would let life circumstances stop her. She was a risk taker to the betterment of her time in history, culture, people, and those who loved and cared for her.  She wasn't afraid to stand up for what she believed in.  A woman that was a mover and shaker of her time.

The second person, the fictional one I picked was Scarlett O'Hara. She was another character that I felt lived life boldly, strongly and independently and lived life to the beat of her own drum. She as well over came many obstacle in her live occurring from the war. Though she used her womanly wiles to achieve what she wanted she was still a mover and shaker of her historical period. She owned and ran business when women didn't. She fought hard for her family and those she loved.

So these are the two I have chosen that I would say would inspire me. As I like to move to the beat of my own drum. I like to pave my way and live life boldly, with strength and Independence, as well with great tenacity. So I still say life is what inspires me!








An early photograph of Harriet Tubman, probably reproduced for sale with volumes of "Scenes in the Life of Harriet Tubman" by Sarah Bradford, 1869.
 


References from Wikipedia Encyclopedia
Harriet Tubman (born Araminta Ross; c. March 1822 – March 10, 1913) was an African-American abolitionist, humanitarian, and Union spy during the American Civil War. After escaping from slavery, into which she was born, she made thirteen missions to rescue more than 70 slaves[1] using the network of antislavery activists and safe houses known as the Underground Railroad. She later helped John Brown recruit men for his raid on Harpers Ferry, and in the post-war era struggled for women's suffrage.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harriet_Tubman



Scarlett O'Hara (full name Katie Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler) is the protagonist in Margaret Mitchell's 1936 novel Gone with the Wind and in the later film of the same name. She also is the main character in the 1970 musical Scarlett and the 1991 book Scarlett, a sequel to Gone with the Wind that was written by Alexandra Ripley and adapted for a television mini-series in 1994. During early drafts of the original novel, Mitchell referred to her heroine as "Pansy", and did not decide on the name "Scarlett" until just before the novel went to print





An early photograph of Harriet Tubman, probably reproduced for sale with volumes of "Scenes in the Life of Harriet Tubman" by Sarah Bradford, 1869.
"Tomorrow I'll think of some way . . . after all, tomorrow is another day."


Do you beat to your won drum in life?

No comments: